Electronic Scale Dispenser

bbrc

Hi,

Was wondering if any body had any experience of the electronic powder dispensers/scale combinations. do they work ok? or are they too much messing about? Would appreciate comments from any one who has used one before I consider taking the plunge!

Regards

Hi, I use a Lyman DPS 2 with the speed upgrade kit.

I load all my ammunition using it and I found the consistency of the ammo to be second to non. It produces very low SD's and ES's

It is very quick and easy to use, the only problem I have found is if my mobile phone rang it would drive the electronics nuts, I just leave my mobile in another room and have had no further problems.

Cheers

Dave

I bought the RCBS a month ago and IMHO it is the way forward. The way i work mine is to have it auto dispence as soon as the pan is placed back on the scale. Once a load is thrown i empty the powder into the case and replace the pan. I then seat the bullet, check depth and place into the box. By the time you have done that your next load is waiting.

For load developement it is so much better. Working up in .1 grain increments is a doddle, no more moving a beam scale or fiddling with the Harrel. From now on i won't use anything else.

To calibrate it is a 30 second procedure and that is it done.

To empty the thrower of powder you simply open up a tap on the side of the hopper and empty back into the tub. A quick brush out as its emptying and at the same time i run the scale for a few seconds to empty the trickler tube. All in all id'e say less than a minute and its cleaned out ready for the next type powder (if swapping between two different powder types).

Ok there not cheap but if you dont mind the cost then go for it. You wont regret it.

Ads :wacko:

I use the RCBS charge master 1500 and love it, there are several tweaks that can be made to make it even better, like automatic dispensing upon placing the pan back on the scales as well as the dispensing speed being speeded up.

There was a review on 6BR.com between the three main players, RCBS, Lyman and Pact? the RCBS charge master came out tops.

Guest Coltauto

I've been using the RCBS ChargeMaster Combo for some time. The current model is a solid improvement over their earlier Pact manufacturered product - One transformer rather than two, the current model is linked with an electrical connector rather than an IR port, the new unit is much faster regardless charge size, there is a build in draft guard, and the combination is more accurate.

Like another gentleman who responded, I use mine for load development as well as production of critical ammo and it does a good job. Fewer mistakes to make when changing charges than would be the case when moving the links on a mechanical scale.

I change mine over by tipping it back to empty the dispensing tubes back into the hopper, than invert the unit and dump out the hopper content. My only complaint is the hopper material. If powder is left in it for a few hours the powder will react with the plastic and permanently damage or discolor the surface of the clear plastic. In all fairness, RCBS makes note not to do this. It would be nice if material was used that allowed storage of powder in hoppers for faster change over and filling.

I have owned both the Lyman and now the Chargemaster,the lyman ws pretty good but when the chargmaster cam out it was better,i have used a charge master since they cam out,I wouldnt be without it

the best thing is with a charge master you can aslo re programme it to make it even faster

Archived