Removable Bipod Stud

My gunsmith clubmate has finally made and installed the housing mount for the removable bipod stud. He laments not having done it before gluing the action in as he had to grip the barrel to do the drilling in the turret mill. I wasn't keen on him taking the barrel out given how well it was shooting.

The knurled plug has been epoxied into the stock and he calculates there's four square inches of bonding surface so hopefully it won't pull out. There's usually no great tension on these things so we should be good to go.

Chris-NZ

now thats a good idea ,

could you not put a plate behind it in letted in to the inside of the forend to help spread suface and weight?

i wonder if dasherman fancies doing one of these to mine?

could you not put a plate behind it in letted in to the inside of the forend to help spread suface and weight?

You could (as I previously posted) but in this case, he figured there's plenty of anchorage with this design and it avoided pulling the barrel and doing more severe inletting from above. All these stocks are somewhat "heart of rhubarb" inside so you need to spread the load with whatever is fitted.

Chris

Archived