Ultrasonic Cleaning-Taken the plunge!!!

n8ess

50% white vinegar and 2 teaspoons of bi-carb soda clean the cases very well with a 30 minute run. I tried to add liquid brasso to if it would polish the cases at the same time but it doesn't mix well with the vinegar.

Give them a quick rinse and leave them to dry

Job done

tried this recipe , well it went tits up first botlle , it all frothed up, i wasnt expecting that :wub: second time i got the case in and turned on the cleaner it then frothed over the side :wub::wub: third time lucky i cut back on the the two tablespoons of bi carb :wacko: the only prob noe i can see is every time i go shooting i am going to want to eat fish and chips with the smell of the vinegar :blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::blush: so far machine has been on for 1 cycle of 480 secs :excl:

now doing 6th cycle on 480 secs onirst lot of cases and to be honest im a little dissapointed , i cant see any difference ..

getting there now, needed about 8 cycles to clean properly

question : is there any ammonia in vinegar?

put cases in (dont use the white basket),cover with warm water, 2 squirts fairy, 2 glugs of white wine vinegar.. a couple of 480 sec runs will have em spankin'.

it does however remove the colour left by the lapua annealing process so it must be stripping some content from the brass.

put cases in (dont use the white basket),cover with warm water, 2 squirts fairy, 2 glugs of white wine vinegar.. a couple of 480 sec runs will have em spankin'.

it does however remove the colour left by the lapua annealing process so it must be stripping some content from the brass.

cheers mate ive spilt all me vinegar so ill try again tommorow , i can get the colour back by tumbling and using a brass cleaner

cheers mate ive spilt all me vinegar so ill try again tommorow , i can get the colour back by tumbling and using a brass cleaner

i tumble afterwards using walnut media and a couple of squirts of "autoglym super resin polish", with some tumble dryer freshner sheets in the mix to collect the dust.

works well.

excellent results thanks mate

Archived