Interesting stock

When we were up at Neils (Dashermans) he showed us a very interesting all aluminium stock he is starting to produce.

It can be produced to fit most actions and is anodised in colours of choice. At the moment Neil is fitting it out with accessories from the HPS Gemini series of stocks.

Here's a few pictures to wet your appatites.

Alloy_stock0001.jpg

Alloy_stock0007.jpg

Alloy_stock0008.jpg

Alloy_stock0009.jpg

Looks good :wub:

Cheers

Dave

The photo's dont do it justice, its a fantastic piece of engineering,

I was there when the client was being fitted for the hand grip position , the guy was a real odd shape but it fitted him like a glove.

Cheers Andy

There's nothing from HPS Gemini stocks on it Dave, every bit done in house except the fasteners.

Sorry thought the pistol grip and cheek piece were. My mistake.

Cheers

Dave

Neil

these look very interesting, I think they will appeal to F Class lads as an alternate to the Gemini series, could you advise what actions you intend to inlet for / estimated prices / options?

(hoping Barnard P) by the way....

Guest dasherman

Andy - that one was for a Barnard P. I've got to do a couple for my own rifles soon but have to change the design a bit to make it more suitable to be made on my cnc. Initally will be inleting for Barnard S, RPA Quadlight and Remington actions as they are all similar. Not sure on cost yet but a lot cheaper than a Gemini.

Neil

thanks, notice that there is no provision for the dovetailed recoil lug - (I usually machine a small lug and fasten in place with M4 cap screw on the "P"s)

Wonder if you could also advise if the rear bag "rider" is set into a dovetail for stiffness / height ajustment and also if you intend on developing "finger" moulded grip for the pistol grip?

I am quite interested in the stock as a replacement for my own f class gun at the end of this years season...currently running a SHehane Tracker, but open to alternatives......

Guest dasherman

Andy, on this one I fitted the centre tapped hole on the P action with a post and it fits into the steel bush fitted to the stock. Barnard suggest using this method if your not using a convential recoil lug between barrel and action and locating the action on a vee.

The bottom rail is fitted into a mating slot in the underside of the stock but is not height adjustable [yet]This stock is really a prototype that a friend wanted so it was built around his far from normal body shape. He had seen the cylinder pistol grip on the Gemini and wanted one similar so it has a ball joint fitting that allows about 20 deg movement in each direction and locks with one screw. The grip is also excentric so by rotating it you get an offset. Future ones will have more adjustment in some places and be modular so the largest part can be machined on my cnc mill in one set up. The woodwork is the worst part [for me] to do, will have to build a copy router.

Archived