CB Radio setup help

OSOK

I have an itch to put a CB Radio in my Discovery 2 ... I have no idea what i want or need other than i just won't one 🙃 Can anyone suggest where i can go to get one fitted that not too far from North Staffs  ?

OSOK

Nevada , or waters and Stanton sell cb along with ham radio gear, radio world uk as per the screen shot .look up the ham fest on 27/28 to find where it’s at . Something small and compact to mount on the center console, with a mag mount for the antenna to go on the roof or a gutter mount would work well especially if you get the cable type that goes very thin to go through the door rubber. Swr meter to check the matching of antenna to the radio and adjust antenna length to get minimum swr and maximum power going to antenna. IMG_4596.thumb.png.888f717553e3b64a3f293ff784395264.pngIMG_4596.thumb.png.888f717553e3b64a3f293ff784395264.png

The roof is made of alumimium ... I was hoping for a company closer than Bucks to me and radio world don't fit .. I think a removable gutter mount antenna is my option as the truck is stored under cover and a fixed antenna would be too high .

There’s usually an option of folding antennas or one on a bayonet fitting. My ham radio vhf was fitted on a gutter mount just above the rear door hinge so the cable came out under the gutter and had a little dip down before going up to the mount so as to catch rain drips otherwise the rain can track down the coax . 

Nice to pass on some info of the problems and solutions. With the defender finding power was easy under the passenger seat but you might want to run a cable to the battery with separate fuses at the battery end . The fuse is there to protect the cable from burning if it rubs through anywhere. To stop voltage drop make the cable beefy enough. Maybe use cable rated at twice the amps that’s needed. It also goes through the rubber bung firewall easier. 
cheers