House insurance to cover a watch collection - recommendations

Looking for recommendations for house insurance (building and contents) which will cover a small watch collection: Rolex Sea Dweller (1987), Heuer Carrera (1960s), Omega Speedmaster, Omega Planet Ocean, Omega 1942 Military, Bremont Martin Baker, Bremont Supermarine Ocean, Bremont Arrow, Bremont Brompton, (I have a few other watches but these would be under the usual defined limit of £2,000, and therefore covered under the general contents cover) + wife's wedding ring and engagement ring + other higher value household items (gaming PC, etc). I have exceed the current policy limit with the two recent watch purchases, therefore need to find a new policy before the policy needs renewing in a couple of months.

Any assistance much appreciated, currently with Halifax home insurance, previously with LV.

Thank you.

• 1 month later...

Maybe cheaper to insure the collection with separate insurance and the house as normal? We have "non-standard" house insurance (as garden office has a fibreglass roof!) and we get properly spanked on the premium!

Nationwide do an unlimited contents and unlimited buildings cover on their combined insurance. They include guns as sporting equipment. I didn’t even have to tell them what watches I have, they just said it’s unlimited and you just prove you had them if something happens 

8 hours ago, Roy W said:

Nationwide do an unlimited contents and unlimited buildings cover on their combined insurance. They include guns as sporting equipment. I didn’t even have to tell them what watches I have, they just said it’s unlimited and you just prove you had them if something happens 

On natiomwides policy thats true as long as none are individually worth over £2k any jewellery,  watches over £2k individually have to be listed and not more than £30k in total

35 minutes ago, ashcroft said:

On natiomwides policy thats true as long as none are individually worth over £2k any jewellery,  watches over £2k individually have to be listed and not more than £30k in total

Thanks, read @Roy W post above and was going to get a quote, but after reading your post my current policy offers more for defined items than that and you don't need to list anything unless it's over £3,000.

Always worth a shop around,  a bit laborious for those not on the comparison sites but, get a brew and some biscuits and you can rattle through some quotes online to find what's best for you 

In general policies across the industry are rising this year quite a chunk with significant rise in costs last year. Mainly from all the  storms and associated costs

The insurance market is a minefield these days,  i had loads of grief last year on renewal ( howden insurance, lots of smooth patter to get you onboard, then at renewal utter incompetence) and went elsewhere. In that process i contacted an independent insurance broker, his advice was these days , if you have a combined significant sum to insure ( ie, buildings, contents , sports equipment, valuables, business etc etc) it’s worth spending the time detailing it all and getting a decent broker to put it out as a single piece of business. The idea being you are placing a considerable insured sum with one insurer who is in turn protected by the overall policy being the sum of a number of risks  and this can result in reduced overall premiums. 
However takes a bit of work to set up and really needs to be started 3 months before you really need a renewal. Also it appears that brokers take 20-25% of the overall premium and by placing all your insurance needs in one package this can be much reduced.

I’m going to give it a go and see if it’s just salesman’s spiel or sensible approach.