Mounting a arca swiss plate to a fiber glass stock

21 hours ago, Furyan said:

As above any one done it and how.

Thank you

I've thought about it, but for my CZ 457 MTR in .22LR, I just bought a chassis and put the wooden stock into storage. For my 6.5 Creedmoor, I would probably take the same approach.

What I'm finding is I now have three ways to attach bipods to my rifles, traditional forend stud, small section of Picatinny on the forend and now an Arca rail on my CZ 457 MTR.

Regards

JCS

Not fibre glass but you can probably use the same method.  I fitted one to a GRS laminate.

• First I found the balance point of the rifle, then decided to mount the plate slightly in front of that
  • I inletted the stock slightly to allow a flat fit of the plate
  • Mounted the plate with tape to make sure it lined up etc and drilled through the stock
  • I used epoxy adhesive between plate and stock, I also bolted through into the inlet of the fore end (on the GRS this is much deeper than the barrel channel
  • Once the bolts were tight, I filled the inlet with more epoxy

I have quite a heavy rifle, the above method has worked well for me

Thank you Akeld  

I was thinking of just mounting the arca swiss plate that came with the 55mm ball head , Like you i was thinking of finding the balance point , It the mounting fixings idea .

5 minutes ago, Furyan said:

Thank you Akeld  

I was thinking of just mounting the arca swiss plate that came with the 55mm ball head , Like you i was thinking of finding the balance point , It the mounting fixings idea .

Thats what I did, the plate came with the ball head I bought