39 blitzking .204

bigun

been waiting a long time to try the blitzking bullets down to no one haveing any but thanks to some one of here i got some and im glad i did ..i did have a go with the vmax 40gn but no good in my rifle neally got through a box of 100 trying ..back to the 39gn blitzking i loaded up 25.1gn of reloader 10x useing ccibr4 primers and seated it to 1.938 ogive and the pic tells the tale of how it shot on a hot day with a cool breez at 105mtrs away .i was hopeing it would be kicking out some where like 3600fps but going by a shot i had at 370mtrs away it dropped short by a few inchs i am thinking its just over 3500+fps ..got to try and get some more fps as the BC goes up the faster the bullet goes ,i put into exbal that the BC was 0.271 but thats if the bullet it does 3400 to 3600fps. past 3600fps it goes up to .287 bc ..so now think it could of been me but i dought it :D will have to have more of a play ..shot to crows today why i was on the farm doing the moles that we missed last time one at 179mtrs and one at 175mtrs close i know but they still count to the tally at the end of the year useing the 32gn blitzking light weight bullet ..with the sun being so hot it was hard to see the target on full mag other wise i may have grouped better (thats a joke by the way )

heres a pic of a 3 shot group that iv shot to day the rifle is not a custom rifle just played with by mike norris

DSCN1518.JPG

proper size :D

post-2977-1244828122_thumb.jpg

I have a problem with the 39s, I cant get any !!. Settled for some Vmax 40s instead, Norman Clarke tells me they are not scheduled for production untill September. I have since found that Midway UK have some but lets see how the VMAX go maybe later today.

Almost all the reports I have read have favoured the 39gr BK over the 40gr Vmax accuracy wise.

A

if Geoff dont want them and you dont want them i will buy them off you :blink: no probs spud ;)

My rifle likes 32gr V-max but doesn`t like the 40`s.

It also like`s 39 B/king`s.

Luckily i`ve got 250 b/king`s in my cabinet at the moment.

Had to wait 8 month`s for my last 200 b/kings to turn up though!

are you guys all talking 204's with 12 twist barrels? Seems pretty common across 3 different boards I frequent that in the 204 with a 12 twist the 40 gr v-max are hit or miss, but the 39 BK is just right. I think it is because the 204 was marketed as 4K fps shooting the 32 gr round. That's what it was designed for consumer wise, the lighter, faster bullet. In reality, an 11 twist would have been perfect for the 35-40 gr bullets but they didn't want to sacrifice a few fps with the 32's.

Thanks

Rick

yep mines a 1-12 twist and the way im going through bullets it wont be long before i need a new barrel ..going for a faster and a longer barrel when the time comes ..just going to test some loads out today that has a bit more powder in the cases and see how things go ..will let you know how i get on

thought i would just add this for any body whos got the .204 buy the ruger brass over the remington brass . ruger brass is far better ,less work to prep and made far better ..have a good look at the flash holes on the remington (punched out and pigs ear springs to mind ) ruger drilled out which means you only have to de-ber the inside flash holes one turn and your done there that good,

sticking with the 25.1gn to be on the safe side

Archived