BAT B / Borden BRM difference

Same action diameter (so long as you do mean the BRM and not the BRMXD) 

Action length is similar and hole spacing likely to be similar too

Ejection port design is slightly different in shape (as you’d expect with two different manufacturers) 

I dont have experience with either action, but from seeing and hearing some stuff from Jim Borden online, I think his actions pay particular attention to bolt opening/closing timing (cam helix angle), along with proper trigger timing from the factory.

I think they also pay special attention to ensuring there is sufficient relief around the bolt shroud for the firing pin to move forward freely without dragging or having undue friction during firing.

5 hours ago, Catch-22 said:

I dont have experience with either action, but from seeing and hearing some stuff from Jim Borden online, I think his actions pay particular attention to bolt opening/closing timing (cam helix angle), along with proper trigger timing from the factory.

I think they also pay special attention to ensuring there is sufficient relief around the bolt shroud for the firing pin to move forward freely without dragging or having undue friction during firing.

An essential part for consistency in and accurate rifle is the part played by the fire control mech 

Ive yet to come across any Borden which isn’t finished perfectly in this (or any other area) 

7 hours ago, Ronin said:

An essential part for consistency in and accurate rifle is the part played by the fire control mech 

Ive yet to come across any Borden which isn’t finished perfectly in this (or any other area) 

Andy, have you worked on any of the Kelbly actions, specifically Panda or Golden Bear (essentially an all steel Panda)?

Any thoughts on their tolerances, and fire control stuff?

5 hours ago, Catch-22 said:

Andy, have you worked on any of the Kelbly actions, specifically Panda or Golden Bear (essentially an all steel Panda)?

Any thoughts on their tolerances, and fire control stuff?

I haven’t, Mik might be the best person to speak to with regards these 

Borden has been my preferred action of choice followed by Barnard 

Had zero issues with either