Good cheap 6.5mm bullet?

njc110381

Hey guys. I took my 6.5x55 out bunny bashing yesterday. It doesn't get used all that much for its intended purpose so I just wanted to get the cobwebs out of the barrel! Trouble is I'm firing 130grn Barnes TSX, which are a little steeply priced for Vermin! I'm thinking I should try some 140grn A-max for plinking, but are there any others I'm missing that I should try? I'd like them to be OK for Deer ideally, just in case I see one when I'm not intending to shoot one.

i have just bought 600 of these little beautys from norman clarke @ 19.67 per 100 i think he have some left, i have been told that they are dynamite on charlie and good for bambi

i have just bought 600 of these little beautys from norman clarke @ 19.67 per 100 i think he have some left, i have been told that they are dynamite on charlie and good for bambi

They are that!!! ;):lol:

All the best............

RAY...................................... :lol: :lol:

thanks ray it was you i have to blame for blowing all my hard earnt on them bullets. :lol::lol:;)

thanks ray it was you i have to blame for blowing all my hard earnt on them bullets. :lol::lol:;)

Never mind mate :lol: :lol: , just wait till you get yer 6.5-284 built and start using them on Foxes!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

All the best............

RAY..........................

TBH its going to be hard i have tried to fit them down my ackley tube but they dont fit

Ive tried some 120grn speer hot core's and some 140grn hornady sst's both (were) under £20/100 not tested on deer yet but the speer is definitely more accurate on paper.

I'm going to try some sierra gamekings or prohunters if i can get hold of some.

Sean.

Archived