US to UK customs issues

Has anyone experienced issues with US customs not allowing legal and properly exported parts out the states recently?

I ordered an old K98 stock from one company and then a rail directly from XS Sights, using EasyExporter (to handle the export licensing requirements).

I ordered the stock end of Feb and the rail about 2 weeks ago. Both were sent via USPS and both got ingested by US Customs in Jamaica NY and then returned to the sellers, with no explanation.

Both items were sent with the correct export licences in place etc. but both bounced by US Customs.

Has anyone else experienced the same?

The stock has since arrived but the seller sent it via UPS instead, so this may just be an isolated issue with USPS and specifically the customs in NY... XS Sights has said they're still waiting on a reply from their exporter.

Nah I'm wondering if something new has happened (ITAR and AECA aren't an issue here as I've followed the correct export procedures. I've done this many times).

I'll wait and see what XS say. I was just interested to see if anyone had the same issue recently, as 2 packages returned the same week is really odd.