ONE OF STAGS FAVORITES

foxhunter

Went out this morning, got two shots,MISSED the first at 40 yards and middled the second one at another farm while talking to the farmer at about 120/130 yards.

He was a happy bunny and so was I for not making a cock-up whilst being observed.

No. 113 of 07 , still quite a few to go to catch up on last year.

DSCN0306.jpg

• 4 months later...

Hi all.

It was a wonderful mornng, sunny and bright.

The RAV 4 and rifle led me astray again, not too difficult to lead me astray sometimes !

Got 4 shots and missed the easiest.

I have passed last years total of 152 Carrions and 6 Maggies and am currently on 154 Carrions and 12 Maggies.

Our local Magpies had an excellent breeding season and are spreading.[i am trying to spread the blighters over the field !]

Photo of Buzzard re-cycling a Carrion I arrested earlier this morning.

RATkidsbulletbuzzard011.jpg

Hi Guys

I just got back in from an afternoons driving around a 300ish ach permision:-)

Not after anything specific jsut shooting out the window of my vitara with the 22250got a rook a carion crow a pigeon & a magpie!!!!!!

mist a 270yd shot on another crow but it was blowing fair!the others where around the 200yd mk with the magpie being the closest at just over 100!

man they just come apart when hit with a Cf :rolleyes:

I dint drive into the field i shot the crow & rook in but both the pigeon & Magpie were in several bit!

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

Well that`s it !

Another year over and last years total of 152 Carrions beaten. 160 head this year also 12 Maggies which was double last years total of 6.

Was presented with a bottle of Scotch and a bottle of Brandy by a farmer today who like myself hates Carrion Crows.

A happy and prosperous New Year to all.

HWH.

No.160, deceased and dilapidated.

RitaKidsBusbyCrows005.jpg

Hi JTF.

Went out today with `she who thinks she must be obeyed`, went to a garden centre and cafe which was closed, went to another place which was also closed then found a pub and had a nice snack.

Continued the drive and she saw 3 Roe in a field and after I had taken her on the `scenic runaround` she had seen 3 Roe, 4 Maggies, 2 Buzzards, 13 Pheasants and a few of the evil, devious, black-enamelled bastards which will be on the hit list for `08.

Viewing wildlife is one of her pleasures in life. [Also it`s damned cheaper than Clubs and Pubs]

HWH.

Hi JTF.

Went out today with `she who thinks she must be obeyed`, went to a garden centre and cafe which was closed, went to another place which was also closed then found a pub and had a nice snack.

Continued the drive and she saw 3 Roe in a field and after I had taken her on the `scenic runaround` she had seen 3 Roe, 4 Maggies, 2 Buzzards, 13 Pheasants and a few of the evil, devious, black-enamelled bastards which will be on the hit list for `08.

Viewing wildlife is one of her pleasures in life. [Also it`s damned cheaper than Clubs and Pubs]

HWH.

Bless her stag if only they were all like that (mine thinks the world revolves around soap operas)!!!!!!!!!!!!! but she's as good as gold and puts up with me so i cant complain.

New years resolution!!

start taking a rifle to work a little more often and try to keep pace with you!!!!! (on the black enamelleds and maggies)

Keep us up to date

best regards JTF

I have had a bad start to the New Year, had a cracking trophy Roebuck killed on the road next to my local stalking, missed a short range Maggie yesterday but blotted a longish range Carrion to end the day.

They have become very sneaky and give me the V sign with their wings and take off before I can get a shot.

A change of vehicle would be the short term cure no doubt.

Happy and successful zapping to all in this New Year.

HWH.

Guest northernchris

Foxhunter

Good shooting mate,what rifle/ammo combo did you use???

Stag

Looks like you have had a busy year ,good going :rolleyes:

Evil beak there !

I wish I could get within .22 rimmy range but our mountain crows are too cute for that, the often will not sit at 200 yards cowardly sods.

I was within 35/40 yards of about twenty of the blighters feeding in a bunch together where some rams had been fed but this of course was in a field in the middle of a village with `Bunny Huggers watching them. [these `village` crows are my only short range opportunity.]

Oh for the twelve bore and two shots into the bunch but imagine the hassle as there would be flappers and walking wounded.

Not a good way to start the New Year although it would have been effective.

HWH.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, Jan. 16th today and got 5 Carrions and 1 Maggie but missed a simple shot !

08 total now 10 Carrions and 1 Maggie, plenty left but they are getting sneaky and often take off before I can wreck their rectums. [in our vulgar Cumbrian dialect `blow their arses off.`]

Happy zapping in 08 to all.

HWH.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the weather has been really crap here recently but it was a nice day today.

Unfortunately I had to go to the Dracula Dept. at the Doctors to get some blood drawn off so I did not get out with the rifle until after lunch time.

Only got one shot [out of the window] but middled it with a 75gr V.Max.

I had only just got the rifle back in when the local Buzzard pounced on the Carrion and started to scoff it.

That Buzzard must be on `Rav 4, Bang, Breakfast Mode` as each time I zap a Carrion in those fields it appears immediately and re-cycles the corpse.

This was No.13 of 08.[ unlucky for some.]

HWH.Busby006.jpg

Went out today, 1 degree C and blowing a gale, not ideal conditions by any means but being a`coffin dodger`and nearly 75 I must do what I can whilst I can.

Ended up with 5 shots and 5 kills, a bloody miracle in view of the conditions, 4 Carrions and 1 Maggie.

[17 Carrions & 2 Maggies 08.]

Nasty rascals those 75gr V.Max !!!

HWH.

Maggie002.jpg

Guest varmartin

Bloody awesome Staggy..... ;)

That`s what I like to see ...bits of Magpies.

I think you do better than all of us put together mate.

Keep it up,

Martin

• 3 weeks later...

Have been out a few times recently, last week had 3 Carrions, 2 Roe and a Rabbit with 6 shots. [.270 and .243 ]

This week it was blowing a gale sometimes and I have had 7 Carrions with 9 shots, one missed today was very short range.

I got lucky yesterday, actually WINGED one with the .243 and it was a runner.

A Buzzard appeared and was very interested but was mobbed by Rooks and Carrions.

The mate of the winged Carrion settled nearby and I took it into custody, at the bang the winged one presented itself for a finisher.

Without the original cock-shot I would not have got a brace of them.[every cloud has a silver lining !]

Went to the farm for a chat and when I left the Buzzard was re-cycling one of the victims.

Pic. of Nos.31&32 Carrions of 08 today.

HWH.Robertsbroscrows006.jpg

Archived