Removing Nitride ‘black’ off an action

Catch-22

Firstly, this is a pure vanity question. All my actions are nitrided but fancy a change.

Secondly, I understand that nitriding (and I’m assume the actions have been Salt Bath Nitrided QPQ) is a heat treatment which alters the metallurgical structure several microns deep. It is not a top coating. But the very top layer (the black you see) is the oxidised byproduct of the nitriding process.

With the above in mind, does anyone know if it’s possible to sand or bead blast the action to remove the top black oxidisation layer, hopefully to reveal the silver steel underneath? 
And I am aware the steel, even if it goes ‘silver’ is still nitrided.

Any experience with the above?

Cheers

If you do it I would Vapor blast (aka wet blasting) as it leaves a higher quality surface than sand or bead blasting. I have only had DLC (which is hard) Vapor blasted from stainless surfaces.

19 hours ago, ds1 said:

If you do it I would Vapor blast (aka wet blasting) as it leaves a higher quality surface than sand or bead blasting. I have only had DLC (which is hard) Vapor blasted from stainless surfaces.

Thanks, looking into it that does seem to be the best option. 
There’s a really good vapour blasting place not far from me, so I’ll speak to them.

thanks again!