what ranges can you kill vermin at with a .223?

Practice pratice then practice some more

lol, i do that with shotguns and that pays off. the same with anything though, you have to know what you are doing before you practice it or you will practice doing something wrong, i know how hard it is to break bad habits. lol

lol, i do that with shotguns and that pays off. the same with anything though, you have to know what you are doing before you practice it or you will practice doing something wrong, i know how hard it is to break bad habits. lol

Were you shooting Olympic Skeet then at Southern Counties?

Hi Verminator,

I wasn't there as I just got back from the States on friday. I shoot OSK as does my son. My friend Michael Gilligan won the OSK comp.

i know mike, i was 3 targets behind him after the final. whats your sirname, or would you rather not say on here? do you shoot at doveridge if you know mikie then? i think i will be there friday after noon if you want to shoot?

Hi there guys i see your shooting Olympic Skeet at what sort of level are you compeating if you dont mind me asking?

i have shot for england for the last 2 years running in the senior team (i am still a junior) and the GB junior team for the first time last year. do you shoot it?

i know mike, i was 3 targets behind him after the final. whats your sirname, or would you rather not say on here? do you shoot at doveridge if you know mikie then? i think i will be there friday after noon if you want to shoot?

Hi,

That's good shooting !This must be Guy then ! I've only been shooting it for just over a year . I started as I was taking my Spencer to the comps and sitting watching so I thought I would shoot while I was there.Spencer won't be doing many comps this year though as he is doing his final 'A' levels at the moment and wants to concentrate on them.

I shoot at Doveridge every Saturday. Steve Bramley coaches Spence and myself and Steve and myself (and WSM ) are in a stalking syndicate in Scotland.

Hi,

That's good shooting !This must be Guy then ! I've only been shooting it for just over a year . I started as I was taking my Spencer to the comps and sitting watching so I thought I would shoot while I was there.Spencer won't be doing many comps this year though as he is doing his final 'A' levels at the moment and wants to concentrate on them.

I shoot at Doveridge every Saturday. Steve Bramley coaches Spence and myself and Steve and myself (and WSM ) are in a stalking syndicate in Scotland.

nope, Gary Taylor, now i know who you are though. im not in the stalking syndicate now, is WSM chris then?

edit: i beat guy by 1, he shot 139, i shot 140 :D

i will hopeful be taking dsc level 1 at doveridge, we asked steve about it at the weekend and said there were a few people who wanted to do it there so with a bit of luck... will you be shooting the 100reg at doveridge whenever they are?

i will hopeful be taking dsc level 1 at doveridge, we asked steve about it at the weekend and said there were a few people who wanted to do it there so with a bit of luck... will you be shooting the 100reg at doveridge whenever they are?

Yes, should be.

Sorry to drag the thread off topic guys. With respect to the 223, as long as you know the drop, the 223 will take vermin out at a good range. I have shot ground squirrels in the US at over 600 yards with the 223 Ackley but there was a hell of a drop at that distance :D

Yes, should be.

Sorry to drag the thread off topic guys. With respect to the 223, as long as you know the drop, the 223 will take vermin out at a good range. I have shot ground squirrels in the US at over 600 yards with the 223 Ackley but there was a hell of a drop at that distance :D

nice shooting that! and its ok to drag off topic, still shooting aint it. also what do you think about the 6.5x55?

Yes, should be.

got any piccies gary

hi all,

as suggested above that i should try some centre fire i have done. i have shot .308, .243 & 22-250. i got on well with all and had a pop at some rabbits with them as well, not far, bout 150 - 200 yards. great fun. shot decent groups with all calibers, best with .308 as it was the best rifle, Sauer something or another. shot about 1 1/5 groups at 200 yards with it. cant wait to get my own and get shooting it :D

Archived