32x for 400 yards and above, as long as i can get a stable rest under that i am usually on about 15x power

Normally shoot on 22 mag which is as high as my Nightforce goes.

I do back down to 10 mag for shots @ 100-200 yards and maybe a bit less for lamping.

Cheers

Dave

Welcome to the site mate ,hope you enjoy, you need to get your messaging facility set up so we can send you PM's

I have a cracking scope here which I might be selling

Welcome to the site mate ,hope you enjoy, you need to get your messaging facility set up so we can send you PM's

I have a cracking scope here which I might be selling

think i have sorted out the PM's. let me know on this thread if i aint

I think so or Varminter he could do it. hope you get it sorted

this is what i was sent by the moderators

Its the policy of the board that new members have their pm facility disabled until they become established users usually through their post count tally.We were forced to take this action due to a few unscrupulous characters creating spamming issues.Unfortunately with you only joining a few days ago and having very few posts we can`t remove the lock at this time.Your contact by e-mail facility is another alternative should you wish to contact other members

so you cant pm me yet.

sorry

tried 32x as i thought u needed it but now i think 20-25 would be the sweet spot!

im using a a leup 6-20x50 & a nsx 5.5-22x56 on my two cf's

im toyying with the idea of a ziess victory 6-24x56 to replace the leup if i can aford it!

one thing u need to be looking at for a LR range scope is internal adjsutment which will seriosly narrow your options on the heavyer loopy calibers!

Andy

tried 32x as i thought u needed it but now i think 20-25 would be the sweet spot!

im using a a leup 6-20x50 & a nsx 5.5-22x56 on my two cf's

im toyying with the idea of a ziess victory 6-24x56 to replace the leup if i can aford it!

one thing u need to be looking at for a LR range scope is internal adjsutment which will seriosly narrow your options on the heavyer loopy calibers!

Andy

are you referring to adjustable paralex?

are you referring to adjustable paralex?

Hi

no im talking about the amount of internal MOA adjustment you have to dial in for a long range shot with saya 308 or loopy caliber!

with a lot of scopes you may run out of "up" clicks & if you use sy a 20MOA base you may struggle to get a 100yd zero!

30mm tubes due to there larger tube generaly have more internal adjsutment!

cheers Andy

To be honest, you do not need a high magnification scope for long range shooting.

Your field of view is limited, which if you miss or wound is a hinderace for a rapid follow up (if required)

I have been using 4-16, 4.5 - 14 and 5-25 power for most of my shooting - which is regularly up to and beyond 1000 mtrs, the 16 power scope is easier on the eye and just as good to use beyond 1000 as the 25 power.

Ten years ago we had a max of 10 power, now we have up to 60!

Persoanlly I prefer no more than 25.

To be honest, you do not need a high magnification scope for long range shooting.

Your field of view is limited, which if you miss or wound is a hinderace for a rapid follow up (if required)

I have been using 4-16, 4.5 - 14 and 5-25 power for most of my shooting - which is regularly up to and beyond 1000 mtrs, the 16 power scope is easier on the eye and just as good to use beyond 1000 as the 25 power.

Ten years ago we had a max of 10 power, now we have up to 60!

Persoanlly I prefer no more than 25.

thanks for that, so would a falcon meance 5.5-25x56 be a good choice then? they are reasonably priced and i have heard very good reports about them

I have the falcon menace 4.5-18x56 on my 308 and am very pleased with it. I went for a shot with a friend last night and amongst others, managed to hit 2 rabbits at 529yds, one after the other. I also set a new personal best of 690yds. All the shooting done by me was done with the scope set on 10 power. I agree with Ronin with regards to magnification. I have 2 nightforce scopes and they are both 5.5-22x56. For all I do, I'll never need any higher mag.

Andy

I have the falcon menace 4.5-18x56 on my 308 and am very pleased with it. I went for a shot with a friend last night and amongst others, managed to hit 2 rabbits at 529yds, one after the other. I also set a new personal best of 690yds. All the shooting done by me was done with the scope set on 10 power. I agree with Ronin with regards to magnification. I have 2 nightforce scopes and they are both 5.5-22x56. For all I do, I'll never need any higher mag.

Andy

thanks for that, and very good shooting btw

Archived