wild boar hunt while on my hols

here are a few pics of me freezing my bxxxxxks off,was very cold as i went to see a old mate who moved out to bulgaria,not exactly a pretty place of bulgaria.was there for 8 days in feb 09,he knew the local shooting gangs who offered me some boar hunting,didnt cost much but been offered a hunt with another club next time,for free,as long as we split the game ,which will be more than just wild boar.

Rifle on loan is a CZ 30-06 with meopta scope

Micky :D:wub::wub:

Micky, did you have to carry it home, had your dog died? Cos you don't look very happy in those pictures :rolleyes: Or was it shock? You deserve a bloomin great grin on your face after that shot. Well done :lol:

ft

Guest martin

That is a cracking holiday Mick,do they do arranged holidays over there,and,are they cheaper than the usual ones mate.............................Martin.

i was lucky mate,,mrs stayed at home,not a place u really want take a mrs,well not where my mate now lives. im taking her egypt on 22nd june,so i hope next time,she is ok,when i go back on my own.,,lol

Thats a nice boar , I dont think wor lass would allow any shootin on our hols.!!

One day I hope to bag one , who knows ????????

lol,,Hi mate, was waiting for a reply saying something along them lines,id been out from 3 till 8 in afternoon mate,we seen lots of boar but to far to get a shot,so when i finally bagged them i was still thinking of my toes and fingertips which i could not feel,belive me mate i will NOT be going again in feb,,minus 10 or there abouts.but still a enjoyable time,,with out the mrs,,, :lol::D:D

Micky, did you have to carry it home, had your dog died? Cos you don't look very happy in those pictures :rolleyes: Or was it shock? You deserve a bloomin great grin on your face after that shot. Well done :lol:

ft

hi mate,i did mine with a guide who took me outcost me 170 euros for 4 afternoons out,20 euros for my hunting permit,then 50 euros upwards depending on size and age of the boar,,i got 2 so 50 euros each,

so total cost for 4 afternoons was 290 euros so very cheap

they do have a club house and everything else,,like few thou acres of land,they shoot wolf,deer jackal boar plus other game and vermin.but at diff prices.

im lucky as my mate knows a guy who also has his own shooting club.which im sure both cater for foreigners but more than likely a higher price

next time i do go,again without my mrs,,my mates mate is taking me out with his club,and i can shoot anything from deer,boar,wolf if seen,all free as long as i split the meat between all shooters.

so there u have it mate,lot cheaper than the advertised shooting hols u see in the uk. if you just get ur self out there,and ask locals,they would gladly help,for a fraction of the cost.

Mick

That is a cracking holiday Mick,do they do arranged holidays over there,and,are they cheaper than the usual ones mate.............................Martin.

looks as if you had a good time there micky, i would love to have a go at that at some point in my life

Cracking Job there Mick, you had some fun there , :lol:

So your off to sunny Egypt if you aint been there before its a real eye opener, I was working there on Contract a few years ago to the Egyptian Government and had a Fab time, got to see all the Tourist stuff for free :lol:

Have a good 1 Bud. :rolleyes:

yes mate have to keep the other half happy somehow,so i can go on my travels without,,lol,,and next time will be warmer climates. :lol::D:D

Cracking Job there Mick, you had some fun there , :lol:

So your off to sunny Egypt if you aint been there before its a real eye opener, I was working there on Contract a few years ago to the Egyptian Government and had a Fab time, got to see all the Tourist stuff for free B)

Have a good 1 Bud. :rolleyes:

.22 Theoban Rapid 7 mk 2 , 30 ftlb FAC Hyrographic cammo dipped. Simmons whitetail classic 3/5-10-50

.22 Theoben Rapid 7 mk 1 ,18 ftlb FAC ,Simmons whitetail classic 3/5-10-40

.22 Ruger semi, rimfire magic ,Dedal Night/Day scope XD4 tube

.22 Anshutz Thumbhole , Simmons whitetail classic 3/5-10-50

.17hmr Anshutz Thumbhole , Ziess Conquest 6/5-20-50

.17hmr Anshutz Thumbhole, D-740 Gen 3 Select Alpha Nightscope

.22 Hornet Ruger, Leupold MK4 Mildot LRT 4/5-14-50

.17rem Rem 700 VSSF , D-830 2/5-10-56 Gen 3 Advanced Day/night scope

.223 Tikka T3 Lite, Leupold VX111 4/5-14-50 Illuminated ret

.223 Tikka T3 Lite ,D-760 Gen 3 Select Alpha Nightscope

nice shootin mate, love to have go at that, out of interest how did you manage to talk your firearms bods into letting you have two of everything, see above, or are these just different set ups you used? cheers mate

quite easy mate,say you want one rifle for day shooting and another for dedicated nightvision,although a recent conversation ref a variation with a female at my FAC dept,,she said if she had known at the time when i applied for second rifles ,she would not of allowed it.she said it takes 2 secs to swap a day scope of a rifle then put NV scope on and then zero,i had to say i disagree. they dont shoot so how would they know.they can be funny most times.

Mick

.22 Theoban Rapid 7 mk 2 , 30 ftlb FAC Hyrographic cammo dipped. Simmons whitetail classic 3/5-10-50

.22 Theoben Rapid 7 mk 1 ,18 ftlb FAC ,Simmons whitetail classic 3/5-10-40

.22 Ruger semi, rimfire magic ,Dedal Night/Day scope XD4 tube

.22 Anshutz Thumbhole , Simmons whitetail classic 3/5-10-50

.17hmr Anshutz Thumbhole , Ziess Conquest 6/5-20-50

.17hmr Anshutz Thumbhole, D-740 Gen 3 Select Alpha Nightscope

.22 Hornet Ruger, Leupold MK4 Mildot LRT 4/5-14-50

.17rem Rem 700 VSSF , D-830 2/5-10-56 Gen 3 Advanced Day/night scope

.223 Tikka T3 Lite, Leupold VX111 4/5-14-50 Illuminated ret

.223 Tikka T3 Lite ,D-760 Gen 3 Select Alpha Nightscope

nice shootin mate, love to have go at that, out of interest how did you manage to talk your firearms bods into letting you have two of everything, see above, or are these just different set ups you used? cheers mate

quite easy mate,say you want one rifle for day shooting and another for dedicated nightvision,although a recent conversation ref a variation with a female at my FAC dept,,she said if she had known at the time when i applied for second rifles ,she would not of allowed it.she said it takes 2 secs to swap a day scope of a rifle then put NV scope on and then zero,i had to say i disagree. they dont shoot so how would they know.they can be funny most times.

Mick

nice one! good for you, sounds like a good reason to me! interested in a Leupold VX111 4/5-14-50 Illuminated ret scope myself, how do you find the sight picture and eye relief?

sight pic is sharp and clear,the ret is fine,with just the centre cross illuminated which i a good thing,u can dim from bright to dull eye relief for me is good.is a good scope,i was going to buy a smidt but after looking at both chose the loopy.im looking at buying another but the illum M4 one with lum mildot and higher mag.

are u looking at NV too ? or have u applied for second rifle and been turned away ? just ref your question ?

nice one! good for you, sounds like a good reason to me! interested in a Leupold VX111 4/5-14-50 Illuminated ret scope myself, how do you find the sight picture and eye relief?

sight pic is sharp and clear,the ret is fine,with just the centre cross illuminated which i a good thing,u can dim from bright to dull eye relief for me is good.is a good scope,i was going to buy a smidt but after looking at both chose the loopy.im looking at buying another but the illum M4 one with lum mildot and higher mag.

are u looking at NV too ? or have u applied for second rifle and been turned away ? just ref your question ?

no, not NV or been refused but fancy a very light stalking 243 or equiv. even 6.5 but as i have reloading stuff for 243 might stick with that. got 30 cal for reds anyway. current 243 is a varmint and thought i might keep it for fox and get a handy light one for the roe. cert up for renewal next year but was wary of putting in for 2 243s. still deciding to be honest, what do you think?

tried PM u mate got knocked back for some reason,so sent via email,if u got it ?

no, not NV or been refused but fancy a very light stalking 243 or equiv. even 6.5 but as i have reloading stuff for 243 might stick with that. got 30 cal for reds anyway. current 243 is a varmint and thought i might keep it for fox and get a handy light one for the roe. cert up for renewal next year but was wary of putting in for 2 243s. still deciding to be honest, what do you think?

Archived