A very special day part 2!!!

varminter

Well after a fantastic start to the day with 2 Roebucks in the bag , we went out early evening for some longrange varminting!!!! :lol:

This weekend was turning out to be a very special one!! :lol: did not plan it - but it just turned out that way!!!

Very much like when i went to Wales to go Foxing with Andy and Dave , and we shot those 15 Foxes!!! this was another very special moment!!! ( thanks lads :(:D )...

I planned to meet up with bobtail for some longrange fun with the Parker Hale 7.62 and the 6PPC!!!

But it turned out that we just took the Parker Hale instead because i had no ammo left for the PPC!! , my fault because me and varmartin got carried away on a varminting session on the Saturday!!! :D:lol: :lol:

Anyway we arrived at the farm and set up for some longrange fun , the wind was a bit of a pain because it was fishtailing ( just to make things interesting) , i started with a crow at 476yds and the shot just landed a hair over his back!!

Bobtail had a crack at a crow at 678yds and the round struck just over the back of that one too!! , so dammed close!!! :o

We decided to have a play at a 3 inch stone at 508yds , the rounds was clipping the left then hitting the bottom of it due to the ever changing wind!!!

Later in the evening the bunnies started showing :P , bobtail had a nice 243 and a 300yder then i manged a nice 300yder too!!!

After a while i spotted a bunnie at 508yds , so i dialed in the corrections ( minus the angle ) and sent the 155 A-max on its way!!

I saw the splash of mud behind the bunnie and the bunnie rolled over then the sound of the " pop " - so first 500yder for the Parker Hale!!! :P :P

Bobtail had a crack at a buunie at 478 and 538yds and the shots was just a whisker over the top!! :lol:

I managed a 532yder and hit another at 667yds!!!

We had some other shots earlier on in the session at 500yds plus and found that the strikes was just a whisker above , but when another click was taken off , you would be a whisker low!!! - so it ended up by holding on the lower part of the bunnie / crow to give the fine adjustment!!

I am really impressed with this Parker Hale TX1200 and the 155 A-max , it seems to be shooting just fantastic!!! ( really glad Jamie talked me into getting one - thanks mate :lol: :lol: ).

The angle of the shots was quite steep ( reminds me of the Gower peninsular hey Dave :lol: ) and was finding i was taking a full minute off my Exbal data!!!!

DSCF3512.jpg

DSCF0235.jpg

What a fantastic finish to a wonderful day!!! :P

All the best..........................

RAY........................................... :P:lol:

Sounds and looks like the perfect end to a great day...nice one lads!

What scope is on that rig?

Thanks fellas!!! :lol::blink:

Like i mentioned it was great to see my buddy get his first Roebuck , but to have such a cracking varminting session later on in the day , made it that extra special!!!! ;)

Scope on the rifle is a Leupold VX3 8.5-25-50 with varmint recticle....

Hey Captin , i am really looking forward to meeting up with you guys again!!!! :D;)

All the best.....................

RAY.................................... :D:lol:

Good shooting lads, very well done.

john

Excellent shooting Ray,..... well done!

Regards,Sprags

Thanks lads!!!!! :lol: :lol:

Was a great way to finish off the day!!!!!!!!! :D

All the best................

RAY............................. :D :D

Archived