pheasant chicks

apart from the ones i have had home i heard of a wild brood been sen last week end, any body else seen chicks off yet

Two sheds full, hatched off last Tuesday. No sign of any wild broods yet but a lot of partridge cock birds wandering about alone suggesting the hens are now sitting tight. Young rooks not out of the nests round here yet so everything may run a little late this year.

Pete.

Two sheds full, hatched off last Tuesday. No sign of any wild broods yet but a lot of partridge cock birds wandering about alone suggesting the hens are now sitting tight. Young rooks not out of the nests round here yet so everything may run a little late this year.

Pete.

young rooks literally hit the ground round our way today

no partridges chicks seen yet

and my pheasant are older than yours :lol::P hatched sunday/monday

seen 4 young moorhen chicks running in the grass last week ,young rooks are out then back in the nest but seen some flying from branch to branch last week so there ready for the off .well some arnt going no where as i shot them :rolleyes:

got held up down the highstreet yesterday by a malard with her very young chicks. Think she had nested in a planter and was walking them across to the village pond. Not such a good move on a busy A road :excl:

Had a hen mallard last week with a hatch of 13 walking up the side of an A road whist i was spreading muck last week, so i annoyed everyone on the road by going even slower and coaxed her and her young off the road through a gate, my sence of well being went through the roof, and all the gestures and V's i got from arrogant road users didnt bother me at all!

Mind you, buzzard probably got them all anyway :excl:

Archived