Hakko scopes

1967spud

for the price they seem ok to me but has anybody on the forum actually used one for a while

would you reccomend them?

Ive heard nothing but good reports about them. I had 1 of brians lower buget fox scopes and it was an amazing piece of kit for the money, Ive sold it onto another forum member who thinks its a really good bit of kit. If the Hakkos are even better which again Im led to believe then they are certainly worth the money, there's supposed to be a few target boys using them on the range. If you are thinking about buying 1 I would move quick as when the next shippment arrives they will be going up in price due to the week pound!!!

I had a Hakko scope with target turrets and side parallax which cost £400+ in 2000 and found the glass fair but the turrets very notchy and didn't give very good repeatability and eventually sold it and bought another S/B . Not tried any of the newer Hakko's as they disappeared as a brand for a few years. My guess is, as with all things scopewise, you'll get what you pay for.

Pete.

• 1 month later...

Any body else got any views as I'm looking for a scope with target turrets and the Hakko 10 x 50 fits the bill.

Does anybody know how these compare with the Bushnell 3200 10 x 50 ? i think ? which is the pick of the two and why.

Any body else got any views as I'm looking for a scope with target turrets and the Hakko 10 x 50 fits the bill.

Does anybody know how these compare with the Bushnell 3200 10 x 50 ? i think ? which is the pick of the two and why.

Can't answer that directly but the 3200 10x40 I got a while ago for a .22-250 seems pretty damn good mechanically (as the various reviews suggested). Helluva lot cheaper than most options.

Chris-NZ

And there's us Brits thinking you Kiwis still taped milk bottles onto your rifles for scopes ;)

Pete.

What, you backward Poms are -still- using glass milk bottles?

We've had environmentally-friendly plastic ones for at least a decade but the optics aren't that flash, about the same as Chung Wah scopes.

Nah, we now use Coke bottles B)

Chris

Archived