Barrel cleaning experiment

Richiew

Hi all 

Just some info that might be useful.

Usual cleaning of barrel with initial patches then the brush etc , always find first few push through with the brush are quite a tight fit . So did the initial patches with oil vp90 then the brush also coated with the oil and found thing’s much easier. Then follow the instructions from the AI manual. 

AI tactical moderator muzzle brake chamber cleaned with a few drops of kg carbon remover, roll the mod to coat all of the inside then keep turning until carbon loosens up , you’ll see the liquid turn blue ish so you’ll know it’s working. A small terminal screwdriver helps to remove any debris in the o-ring channel after the o-ring has been removed. Repeat till you’re satisfied with the result. Grease up oring and replace. Job done 

Hi all 

I try to clean after every shoot . I once found the 308 rifle shooting spot on and was at another venue the next day so didn’t clean and found it all over the place on the day . The 223 / 22lr and hmr get cleaned every 200 rounds or so . After each shoot I’ll do a pull through just to clean out any powder residue  and also clean the moderator to make sure the hole up the middle isn’t blocked by powder residue . Some rifles need a clean every session others need it as and when the accuracy falls off. 
Clean as often as possible and there’s no problem. 

Enjoy