Hearing is believing !!!!!

varminter

I have recently switched from the 58 V-max recently to the 65 V-max in the 6PPC , so now that i have sorted a very accurate load out , its out and about for some varminting to see how she fares!!!

Did not have much ammo loaded , so i loaded some up for a late evening shoot . unfortunately was not able to catch up with the fruit slayers :( but hope they had a great time!!! ;)

Wind was quite blustery when i arrived at the farm but started with a nice 194yd bunnie , then later on a 272yd one!!!

I moved on to another farm and missed one at 264yds!!! :rolleyes: ...

Another bunnie popped out at 273yds near the same area and knocked that one over!!!

I moved up to another area of the same farm which enables me to get out to 421yds ,

First up was a 385yder then 2 others at 234 / 251 and a 270yds - so i was very pleased with how things are performing!! :D

I was waiting for others to came out when the phone rang , it was 17 rem from on this site!! :D

We was having a good old chin wag talking about rifles when i noticed a bunnie at 366yds , so while i was talking to 17 rem on the phone ( he was on speaker phone ) i was dialing in for the shot!!

I told 17 rem what i was doing and he said " i will ring you back " , i said no worries as i was about to release the shot!!

What with that the rifle went phut!!- wizzzz!!!- fwwooppp!!! - i said " did ya hear that!! " , i certainly did was the response!!

Then later as we was chatting on the phone another bunnie came out at 394yds!! , same thing - dial in and phut!!! - wizzz!!! - fwwoooop!!! , i said " hear that too!! - and yes was the response!!!

DSCF3488.jpg

DSCF3486.jpg

As always - it was great to speak to another Uk varminting member and a first for me to be speaking to someone while concentrating and making the shots!! :D :D

At the moment i am very pleased with how the 65 V- maxs are performing in the PPC on the longrange pests!!! :D

All the best...................

RAY............................................... :D;)

well done ray, nice shooting there and whilst on the phone

is there no end to your talents

Never thought you would have moved from the 58's ,

Hope you dont miss with these 65's Ray when you come on down in the summer :rolleyes:;)

The foxes round here love the 58grners as you know, ;)

Nice going Captain, will get those bits off to you in the post this week :D

Thanks for replies lads!! :D;)

Mark as for me being talented - you must be joking!! :rolleyes:

Dave if its going to be windy like last time , im goona use the 7.62!!!!!!!!! :D :D

Andy i shall load up some 58s just for you captin!!! ;):D

John , thanks mate - she is a lovely looker - thats why i put a new tube on her!!! :(:D

All the best................

RAY...................................... :D :D

awesome mate

i once phoned my mate when he was out stalking (unknown to me) he said he was just about to shoot a roe he did exactly what you did and took the shot whilst i was still on the phone to him and i heard the smack as the bullet made its conection with the unlucky beast........

Archived