My new long range rifle.....

Guest Tiff

Just thought I'd share a few pic's of my rifle after it's been re-barreled:

DSCN9985.jpg

Its only 5' 2" long with the mod on!

DSCN9981.jpg

The stepped muzzle to help support the B&T mod:

DSCN9992.jpg

And finally what it shoots (the round on the left...), along with the original barrel and its associated round in the middle (squib round :o on the right there for scale).

DSCN9989.jpg

Unfortunately Uni caught up on me, so I only got a chance to fire 1 round before I left home....Once its run in I'll update this thread with some more pics/video :lol: .

P.S. Thanks "Dasherman" for your usual excellent work in putting this together ;)

Looking very nice tiff!! :lol:;)

A 30-338 Lapua perhaps?????????

Perhaps we shall meet up someday so i can cast a closer eye on her!!! :D :D :D

All the best.........

RAY...................................... :D:o

Hi Ray, I'm sure a meet up for some 1 mile shooting could be arranged this summer...Also Andy if your ever down this way...

As for the B&T mod, it's simply the best I've ever used/seen. It's forward mounting, so no harmonic issues with no rear bushing and also helps the barrel stay cool (as opposed to a reflex style covering it). With 100+ grains of powder each time it keeps the recoil to a minimum and the sound is nothing. While serious money (£400+) it is a serious bit of kit. They say it will only require 'servicing' every 5,000+ lap mag rounds and even then all they normally do is give it a clean!

Looks good Tiff, just how long is that barrel - 30 inches?

Be interested in seeing how it shoots, not been able to secure the load info yet - sorry.

Wow :D Looks fantastic, why don't you give us a review?

Atb, ft

Hi Ray, I'm sure a meet up for some 1 mile shooting could be arranged this summer...Also Andy if your ever down this way...

As for the B&T mod, it's simply the best I've ever used/seen. It's forward mounting, so no harmonic issues with no rear bushing and also helps the barrel stay cool (as opposed to a reflex style covering it). With 100+ grains of powder each time it keeps the recoil to a minimum and the sound is nothing. While serious money (£400+) it is a serious bit of kit. They say it will only require 'servicing' every 5,000+ lap mag rounds and even then all they normally do is give it a clean!

Hi Tiff

hmmm dont think i have a big enough gun so better not as ill just want something else!lol

nah seriously it would be cool to have a play some time:-)

looks the nuts

Andy

Looks good Tiff, just how long is that barrel - 30 inches?

I think its just a shade over 30", so hopefully it will get the most out of the round :rolleyes: All being well, I'll be back home this weekend to run it in and start load development (so keep pestering him please Ronin..). Will keep you all posted.

As an aside, the one round I did fire at a massive 15 yards ;) was stopped by a mere 4" of a single sandbag ;) (I had put 6' of sand and half a cornish hill behind in preparation...) The 208 grain A-Max had really mushroomed and curled back on itself. Yet I know the same bullet, at the same velocity, at 200 yards will cut through 1/2" steel plate like butter....Impact ballistics is certainly an interesting area!

Guest Tiff

Finally got a chance to shoot some initial loads today at 100 yards :ph34r:

The rifle is showing good potential, but my current load of 208 grain A-Max over 84 grains N170 is only going at 2950fps.....

So I'm thinking something slower like US869 might be better (Ronin any luck yet)?

I'll upload a quick video of the rifle firing with the mod on in a bit :) .

Looking forward to meeting up at Warcop and also a meet down here, once I finish for the summer break....

Guest Tiff

Heres a quick vid...nothing flashy but gives you an idea :ph34r:

Its got a little bit of 'kick', but I can maintain the 'sight picture' even at 100.

th_30-338mpg.jpg

Cheers Tiff

Archived