Pard vs pulsar vs hik

Craigmcwill

On 2/13/2023 at 7:35 PM, Craigmcwill said:

I'm really close to going for the Pard I just don't want to get down the line and wish I bought a pulsar c50. 

Has anyone seen through both of these scopes and can say a difference in image clarity?

Thanks guys

I haven't looked through the C50 so i can't comment on that one ....

Clarity is a hard one as the base mags are different .... Mag the Hik upto the pard's 5.5x and the pard will win . I was amazed how good the Hik was on base mag but it lost it when you increased it ... I went with the pard for my 22lr as it had the rangefinder and ballistics etc and it works fine .. Yes there are things i don't like ... The rangefinder would have been better on the side level with the centre of the scope and closer to it imho ... The IR is one better ones that normally comes with these scopes but at 350 yards a better IR is needed to see ... I put the XTL on and it cleaned up the image out to 400 yards ish ..... For me on the 22 the built in IR is fine ....

Look at the clarity on the Mag your happy shooting on and that's the only way to answer your question .

OSOK

On 2/13/2023 at 7:35 PM, Craigmcwill said:

I'm really close to going for the Pard I just don't want to get down the line and wish I bought a pulsar c50. 

Has anyone seen through both of these scopes and can say a difference in image clarity?

Thanks guys

Yes, ive used a C50 for the last year foxing and stalking and had the new Pard alongside it, i wouldn’t have the new Pard if you gave it to me. 

So much hype over it but the fact is the image quality isnt even as good as the original 008 and then add all the other issues, drinking batteries, LRF splash off the screen when zoomed etc and do you really need an LRF for foxing anyway?

The circular display is just a gimmick rather than giving any benefit and actually cuts down what you see through the scope rather than the actual view and if you spend most of your time with a thermal stuck to your eye, going from the rectangular view to the circular is like looking through a smartie tube.

Theres been an issue with the IR and if you buy one now it will have the IR output reduced so for foxing you may have to use an external IR, not great considering it has that great thing hanging off it already!

Try them both, in low light and on a moonlit night without IR and you will see which one will bag you more foxes.