N150, sticking up

Alycidon

Today I was loading some cases with N150, its the first time I have used this powder.

I use a Harrell measure and was toying with dropping the loads once I had set the measure up. What a game, the powder was hanging both in the measure and sometimes the tube. I switched to the shorter tube and things improoved in the tube. It also hung on the powder scale pan and in the case funnel !!. Thrown loads sometimes varied by up to 10 grains due to an unseen hang up.

Powder was at room temp and had been that way for several days, dispenser was in a colder part of the house and was brought in maybe 2 hours before I used it. Scale pan had been at room temp for at least two days but the funnel was with the measure.

Average discrepancy was about plus or minus .2gr but some were way off, no way was I going to drop the charges especially as I am using them for accuracy tests.

Any thoughts on the cause of the powder sticking, presumably static electricity but how to cure it, an earth maybe. Dispenser was clamped to a wooden table.

A

i have had problem and i think my probs were caused by stactic

when i reload now i use an anti stacti wrist band like what you would use when inside a pc

they simply crocdile clip to something metalic and short it out , you can attach these to your thrower

hope this helps

How about anti static wipes for TV screens ?

I'm sure there was/is a cleaning product that also did the same, the name bounce springs to mind, I distinctly remember Norman Clark telling me about it a few years ago.

Where did you get your N150 from A? I can't find any locally...

Norman Clark but maybe 6 months or more ago, thats how long it has taken to get this 20 built. If you are desperate and have a suitable can you can have some of mine if you want. Pete Lawman also stocks it.

A

Archived