Had enough

nuttyspaniel

A great shame John... :(

Consider going target though as mentioned by another member.. Once you've sold all your gear, it'll be a lot more expensive to replace should you change your mind...

Consider this.... Shooting is in the blood. It's like an addiction...

It can be shaken off but the pangs never really leave you...

In any case, enjoy the change in your lifestyle. I hope you find your way back to us one day... ;)

All the best...

Grant..

I do understand John, I left shooting for about 14 yrs and did a lot of fishing and other things and suddenly felt I wanted to shoot again and re started. Enjoy what you want to do and you may well come back to it in the future, good luck.

Redfox

Hi John im sorry to hear that you are quitting. I had the same thought a couple years ago got sick of this area & people trying to steel ground from you. The hand bags are out all the time all i want to do is shoot & enjoy with friends etc then people go behind your back but hey its life & i love the out doors too much. Alll the best & if you fancy comming up give us a shout.

A huge thank you for all your kind words. Whilst Im 100% certain Ill never own a gun again I will be in the field for definate. Ive promised my 2 good shooting buddies Ill come out n help them drag their beasts, I need to earn my venison some how :lol: But I wont shoot again! As I said earlier I was brought up to respect and not to kill anything I couldnt or wouldnt deal with, and I need to stay true to my late father and his up bringing and teachings he passed onto me since I was very young. I fish but if I can help it I wont fish for Rainbows as I cant abide the taste which I think is false n not like a true wild fish. Liken that to farmed venison and wild venison if you wish to and see where Im coming from.

Good luck to you John and wish you success in what ever you decide to do.

Just because you don't shoot doesn't mean you can't drop in from time to time to let us know what your up to.

Best wishes

Dave

Well John I am disported to see you giving up shooting, but I respect your decision to give it up and although I would like to try and change your mind it would be for selfish reasons not what might be best for you. Some things are more important than shooting, but not many. We can still go out as you know should you feel like a day on the hill.

Live your life to the full, if you think time spent on other hobbies will give you more pleasure then go with flow, never do anything with a bad heart.

Thanks for everything I have had some great days out with you with both rifle and shotgun, at times when I really need a good day out. :lol:

All the best.

B-b

Well John I am disported to see you giving up shooting, but I respect your decision to give it up and although I would like to try and change your mind it would be for selfish reasons not what might be best for you. Some things are more important than shooting, but not many. We can still go out as you know should you feel like a day on the hill.

Live your life to the full, if you think time spent on other hobbies will give you more pleasure then go with flow, never do anything with a bad heart.

Thanks for everything I have had some great days out with you with both rifle and shotgun, at times when I really need a good day out. :lol:

All the best.

B-b

You know im always here for you. Thats what mates do.

Archived