Another new bit of permission..........

Guest martin

Guest martin

I had spoken to a sheep farmer that is in my valley back about 3 months ago about shooting the foxes on his land,he said that he did have someone that does it,but,he wasn't really happy with the set up,cos he would only come out while he was actually lambing,and,only when he had actually lost some lambs.Well,as i told him,that isn't really the best way to try tocontrol foxes on any land,let alone one with lambs on it.I left it with him saying that he would have to speak to the other chap as he had been doing it for some years.I just had to wait and see if he got back to me,well,I was passing his farm the other day,and,thought i would just pop in to say hello,and,as I rounded the gate into the yard,he said..."Ah,just the man I wanted to see,if you are still able,could you have a go at my foxes"? Well,I was on it like a shot(scuse the pun),I told him I would take the dogs home,and,pick up a permission letter,and,a Google map for him to put all of the boundaries on for me,and,I would be out on the land that night.That bit of land actually adjoins onto another two pieces I have in the valley which means I can roam over most of that part of the valley,and,I can see it from my front room window.Now that's what I call a result,so,for all of you trying to find land to shoot over,just don't give up,I ask almost everyone that I have any dealings with,even if they aren't land owners themselves.People now people,so,you never know what might come up,the last bit I got was through my boiler engineer while he was servicing the boiler..................Keep at it.....'M'

Me and my shooting buddy Phil have just picked up our first permission, about 700 acres of rabbit fox and pigeon, the pigeons being the main concern.

We sent out 40 letters to local farmers listed in Yellow pages and did follow calls on half of them resulting in this permission.

We still need to call back on several plus the other half so if that throws up the equavilent we will be very happy.

Ian.

Guest martin
Me and my shooting buddy Phil have just picked up our first permission, about 700 acres of rabbit fox and pigeon, the pigeons being the main concern.

We sent out 40 letters to local farmers listed in Yellow pages and did follow calls on half of them resulting in this permission.

We still need to call back on several plus the other half so if that throws up the equavilent we will be very happy.

Ian.

That's the way Ian,just keep plugging away,it will pay off in the end.........Martin.

Archived