CASE stuck

Orka Akinse

:unsure::D:D

Just FL resizing me cases [.308] to make some homeloads for bisley this week with FC used once cases and I have gone and got stuck a case in the die :lol::lol:

Can anyone help with getting the bloody thing out? I aint no engineer and will only cock it up so not that keen to try and need assistance.

Thanks in advance fella's

:unsure::D:D

Just FL resizing me cases [.308] to make some homeloads for bisley this week with FC used once cases and I have gone and got stuck a case in the die :lol::lol:

Can anyone help with getting the bloody thing out? I aint no engineer and will only cock it up so not that keen to try and need assistance.

Thanks in advance fella's

http://www.gswagner.com/reloading/reloading2.html

where abouts are you mate as i have a tool/die you can borrow if you like or if you want send it to me and ill do it for you

mark

Spud

A very kind offer sir.

I'm in Wiltshire I would like to borrow it as I feel this is something I need to learn to do although this is the first time ever in nearly 10 years or so of re-loading it has happened to me. A bit like missing your first deer or fox :D:D

I am happy to cover all costs.

Cheers

OA

if it is a Lee die with the one piece depriming/expanding rod on a collet system, you can take off the nut on the top and use the depriming rod as a punch. Just make sure you use a block of wood to beat against as you'll bugger up the back end of the decapping rod by beating on it with a hammer (ask how I know). Worst case scenario you need to get a new decapper for $2.50 from lee. Best cast is that the case isn't stuck too hard and it pops right out.

Thanks,

Rick

it will tap out from the top of the die but your case will be junk after ...i had one stuck some time back ..all down to haveing no wax on the case...

Bigun

All the cases were lube'd but these were FC once fired brass that I was given and a few of them [2 or 3] were tight in the tool but did resize ok so I put the forth one in which was tight but on the downward stroke the ejector rim came away. I then turned the die to get a better purchase on an0other part of the rim and it happened again :D therefore case stuck :) .

I'm not saying there wasn't enough lube on the case just unlikely as all those before and after were ok I just think it might have something to do with the case being fired in another chamber....... I don't know.

Either way, I have borrowed another die [Redding] and it is working with ease so there might be something in quality but again I don't know.

Cheers

OA

Archived