224 Valkyrie brass Starline x 320 £180

Bullet Heads

Peregrine .224 VLR5 Monolithic 69gn x 200 £50 per 100

Peregrine Glider 50cal Monolithic 750gn x 200 £75 per hundred

Peregrine VLR4 338cal monolithic expanding 270gn x 200 £65 per hundred

Peregrine VLR5 338cal monolithic 276gn x 200 £65 per hundred

Peregrine 30cal monolithic 188gn subsonic expanding (good blackout bullet) x 120 £60

Deals for multiple purchases. Can collect Lincs area or post at cost.

20220311_192454.jpg

Just now, miki said:

I've got to ask .... Why do you call them bullet 'Heads' ?

The term ‘Bullet’ is also used to describe loaded ammunition - a complete ‘bullet’ comprised of bullet, powder, brass and primer.

Denoting ‘bullet head’ ensures there’s clarity in what’s being sold.

13 hours ago, Catch-22 said:

The term ‘Bullet’ is also used to describe loaded ammunition - a complete ‘bullet’ comprised of bullet, powder, brass and primer.

Denoting ‘bullet head’ ensures there’s clarity in what’s being sold.

Wouldn't it be more satisying to educate people, or at least point out that a Bullet is a Bullet and a Round of Ammunition comprises; bullet, powder, brass and primer and that the term 'Bullet Head' is completely wrong ?

How do you explain 'headspace' to people ?
What do you call the opposite end of the brass case (ie the bit with the primer pocket) ?

https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/round-of-ammunition
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ammunition

7 hours ago, miki said:

Wouldn't it be more satisying to educate people, or at least point out that a Bullet is a Bullet and a Round of Ammunition comprises; bullet, powder, brass and primer and that the term 'Bullet Head' is completely wrong ?

How do you explain 'headspace' to people ?
What do you call the opposite end of the brass case (ie the bit with the primer pocket) ?

https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/round-of-ammunition
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ammunition

Its a sales post. If you want to educate people feel free to make your own thread. 

2 hours ago, GunsZen said:

Its a sales post. If you want to educate people feel free to make your own thread. 

Indeed it is.

Peregrine bullets (made in South Africa) are an excellent "machined monolithic bullet" manufacture. Definately at the top of the tree and the VRL5 and Glider are a great practice and target round with a really high BC.
I have trouble with the monolithics as my rifles don't have the fast twist rate needed to stabilise these bullets.

With regards to education i'm pretty sure that Adriaan Rall and Corno Van Rooyen would prefer you to reference thier products with the correct terminology.

Good luck with the sale of these excellent bullets which you are offering at a great price.

2 hours ago, miki said:

Indeed it is.

Peregrine bullets (made in South Africa) are an excellent "machined monolithic bullet" manufacture. Definately at the top of the tree and the VRL5 and Glider are a great practice and target round with a really high BC.
I have trouble with the monolithics as my rifles don't have the fast twist rate needed to stabilise these bullets.

With regards to education i'm pretty sure that Adriaan Rall and Corno Van Rooyen would prefer you to reference thier products with the correct terminology.

Good luck with the sale of these excellent bullets which you are offering at a great price.

No worries thanks for stopping by. 

• 2 weeks later...