ULTRASONIC or TUMBLE

nell

• 1 month later...

The ultrasonic will clean the inside of your cases and the primer pocket unlike the tumbler which will only clean the outside,they wont look like new brass but you will notice a difference as opposed to carbon deposits etc which will be left by the tumbler.Myself I use an ultrasonic cleaner and leave the cases to dry for around a couple of days then they are put into the tumbler for a final clean so I guess I get the best of both worlds.

The ultrasonic will clean the inside of your cases and the primer pocket unlike the tumbler which will only clean the outside,they wont look like new brass but you will notice a difference as opposed to carbon deposits etc which will be left by the tumbler.Myself I use an ultrasonic cleaner and leave the cases to dry for around a couple of days then they are put into the tumbler for a final clean so I guess I get the best of both worlds.

NOW THATS A GOOD IDEA

The ultrasonic cleaner that I use at the moment was bought from Maplins for 40.00 it has a 750ml stainless steel tank and is fitted with an 8 minute timer they do sell cheaper ones for around 25.00 but they only have a 3 minute timer.The one I use will clean around thirty five 6.5x284 cases each time.I have seen industrial cleaners they are used by jewellers goldsmiths etc and would hold a lot more cases but tend to be expensive.

Archived