New LANTRA Approved Range Conducting Officers Course

Unfortunately not at Thorpe Cloud - they don't accept the NRA RSO either.  Best of luck getting the DIO to accept,  the NRA RCO course is specifically written around the military range officer process, the RSO is designed for non-military ranges.

The RSO/RCO standards for each discipline are written by the appropriate NGB for that discipline.

The only approved NGB's are

NRA - Fullbore
NSRA - Smallbore
UKPSA - Practical Shooting
MLAGB - Blackpowder.

Lantra are not a NGB.

I am at Warminster next week having a chat with the mob that deals with such things regarding civilian club access to LFTTA's and will raise this issue.

57 minutes ago, Jim DiGriz said:

The RSO/RCO standards for each discipline are written by the appropriate NGB for that discipline.

The only approved NGB's are

NRA - Fullbore
NSRA - Smallbore
UKPSA - Practical Shooting
MLAGB - Blackpowder.

Lantra are not a NGB.

I am at Warminster next week having a chat with the mob that deals with such things regarding civilian club access to LFTTA's and will raise this issue.

Agreed, I'd add though that a civi range operator is under no obligation to use an RCO/RSO of any qualification. However, it makes good sense to in my opinion, should an incident occur it would be difficult to explain away a failure to apply "best practice"

21 hours ago, Popsbengo said:

Agreed, I'd add though that a civi range operator is under no obligation to use an RCO/RSO of any qualification. However, it makes good sense to in my opinion, should an incident occur it would be difficult to explain away a failure to apply "best practice"

When we submitted the Range Document Package for our new range to our insurers, the fact that all of those running the range would be NRA RSO's at a minimum was reassuring to them.

3 hours ago, Jim DiGriz said:

When we submitted the Range Document Package for our new range to our insurers, the fact that all of those running the range would be NRA RSO's at a minimum was reassuring to them.

useful to know, cheers