Prices on rebarrelling and who

Has anyone any prices on rebarrelling and any dos and donts. Im also looking for any info for loads the 17. rem. Its a new area for me and could do with as much help as possible. Thanks very much :blink:

Welcome to the site Bri

I think (I may be wrong) that there are a few here that use 17Rem including Redfox, who looking at your location isnt a million miles from you.

Rebarrelling - expect to pay 250 - 450 for a barrel and 250 plus for fitting, proof would be circa 50 upwards.

Extras such as muzzle thread and cap are just that - extra!

There are numerous excellent smiths in the UK, (in NO order of preferance) Baldie and Dasherman on here, Norman Clark, Callum Ferguson, Russ Gall, Riflecraft, Pete Walker etc etc etc (sorry if ive left anyone out)

All will be similarly priced (ish) alot depends on the componants used and obviously availability and current exch rates.

Just some points to consider when commissioning a re-barrelling job, get a quote, agree and write down the specs and for Gods sake fix a delivery/collection date. All riflesmiths (well all the good ones) are really busy and jobs can take ages. I don't care how good a chap you are, if you have one job that has got to be done by a certain date and another that is sitting there on a 'as soon as you can' basis, which do you think is going to get done first! JC

I have had work done in the Past and as Ronin has said ,those are the figures your gonna be looking at.

Have you decided a profile/twist and material you want , dont be pressured into something because thats all they have to offer.

Ring round a few get some quotes and also see if they have the barrel type your looking for, the other thing to consider is do you what to get it shipped via an RFD or are you gonna take it and collect it yourself,as it all adds £ to the total price if you have to travel a couple of hundred miles ;)

There are a few good gun smiths on here and will be pleased to talk to you in person .

Hope it all goes OK ,all the best Nem. :ph34r:

Archived