new to the forum

karlp86

hi there to all. i'm new to this forum but have been reading through alot of the posts and have seen some very nice rifles and some very talented shooters.

i'm 22 and have been shooting for a few years, i live in essex and do pest control for some local farmers. i have a couple of rimfires; a .22lr and a .17HMR but my pride and joy is my howa varminter in .223 that shoots 1/2moa all day long with factory ammo.

here it is.

Photo-0272.jpg

now my burning question is i've looking to get a scope to be used on my .223 for dialing in targets out to extended ranges that will replace my mamba 4-16x50.

so the question is what scope to get. i needs it to have:

- a variable mag up to 20x

- target turrets with reliable tracking

- 1/4 or 1/8 moa adjustment

- a normal duplex reticle (although mildot or something close would be ok, just not to cluttered)

- 40-50mm objective

- 1" or 30mm tube (i'm not bothered)

- as decent optics as possible

the price limit is under £400.

so people, any suggestions???

atb karl

Firstly welcome I can asure you your gonna enjoy ;)

If your looking for something in that pricerange you will pick up a good second hand Leupold for that kind of money :ph34r:

The good thing is they keep their lifetime warrenty from owner to owner so any probs send it back and get it sorted.

I have one on my 6mmBR and its got great glass and trcks very well,if you put an add in the wanted section you will most likely get someone giving you a reply.

Like the rifle mate ,good luck

all the best Nem. ;)

Guest varmartin

Welcome to the forum Karl...nice looking rifle, as nem said realy...keep an eye open for a Leupold for that sort of money.

A 6.5-20x 50 vari-x iii LRT would be a good choice.

Spend as much or more than you can afford and cry once as it will then last you a life time with care...

Hi Karl and welcome to the site!!! :ph34r:;)

Hope you have a enjoyable stay here , and as for scopes - just like the boys say " second hand Leupold a good choice "

All the best..................

RAY.............................. :D;)

Guest Sprags
cheers guys. i will be on the look out for a 2nd hand leupold then. then the next job will be getting into the 300yard club.

karl

Welcome Karl,

Get yourself a scope and good luck getting into the 300yd club, they wont let me in :ph34r:

Welcome Karl,

Get yourself a scope and good luck getting into the 300yd club, they wont let me in :ph34r:

We will when you shoot something furry!!!! ;) ;) :D:lol: :lol:

All the best............

RAY...................... :lol: :lol:

Guest Sprags
We will when you shoot something furry!!!! :D:ph34r:

All the best............

RAY...................... :lol:;)

I know, I was just kidding............. ;)

I know, I was just kidding............. :ph34r:

Right on buddy!!! ;) ;)

All the best............

RAY.................... :lol::D

Welcome Karl,

Get yourself a scope and good luck getting into the 300yd club, they wont let me in ;)

:ph34r:

Uttings has the old Nikon Monarchs on sale right now as they are discontinued for the new monarch. I'd pick up the 6.5-20 for £279 in a heartbeat if I didn't already have the 6-24x50 new model. Definitely a great scope for what you're asking. I'd put the monarch in the same class as the VXIII, and at a slightly lower price. Plus, with the monarch you get 3 sets of turrets. They have the low hunter turrets, high hunter turrets (both have graduated markings and their own overcaps), and target knobs which are a bit bigger.

You'd be hard pressed to find a better scope at that price, and it takes a whole lot more scope to be noticable better.

Thanks,

Rick

Archived