Out with the .22rimmy

kip270

With lots of work going on up the farm to improve the pheasent shooting, we have made plans for more cover crops to be planted in some nice warm parts, but the Rabbits numbers are up so a trip out with the .22rimmy was called for.

I finished work and picked Dan up at around 10 past 10(oh i love afternoons when the sun is shining :angry: ), picked up the Keeper and up the farm by 10:45pm, we were going to have a drive around, i also had the .222 in case we spotted charlie too.

I had the lamp while Dan would be the Rabbit man, first field a rabbit 20 yards away, "thud" dan dropped that one.

Slowly we made our way over to the main field we wanted to deal with the rabbits, a drive round produced 9 rabbits, and a few more we missed, both Dan & myself.

My Brno is a few years old and dosen't eject the spent rounds all the time, which in the dark is a real pain. I took it to Litts before they went bust and they said they had fixed it, but they havent!!!!!!

A few more sessions are on the cards with the .22 and .17hmr.

106_1566.jpg

Well done!

Thats exactly what I have been doing these last couple of weeks.

Blew the dust & cobwebs off the 30yr old brno .22 & had some great fun bunny bashing.

Three outings put 70 rabbits in the bag & then they started getting wise,

so out with the .17hmr & all those long range rabbits next.

Farmers are happy, game crops protected (fingers X) & the game dealer wants

as many rabbits as I can get him.

Archived