rifle action

I have a Stiller Predator repeater and a Stiller Viper single shot.

I'm not qualified to say how good or bad they are, but I can assure I do my homework pretty well before spending that kind of money and everything I read about these actions told me they are good actions (research done on US forums)

They may not be in the same tolerance league as Bat or Borden actions? but they are super smooth to operate and both rifles shoot, mind you ones a 22BR and the other one is a 6BR so they should shoot :lol:

Any body use a stiller action on there rifle if so coments please good and bad thanks

Hi

the stiller actions are a very very good budget action.(not sure how much they are now.but they where quit a bit cheaper than the big named actions) the only thing i don't like about them is the blue anti gall coating on the bolt.i know of a few people that have removed this and had no problems with the bolt

when i say budget i mean they are not the price of bat / nesika / and as mentioned they are not built to the same tight tolerances. this is not a bad thing in a hunting rifle. but i use bench rest actions and i have had no problems up to date.

i have not heard of any bad ones.and all the ones we have done have all shot excellent. i don't think you will go wrong with one.

ATB

Colin

is the blue anti gall coating on the bolt.i know of a few people that have removed this and had no problems with the bolt

ATB

Colin

Colin, how did they remove the coating? it is the one thing I do not like about them. I did inquire on a US forum and got a reply from Jerry Stiller himself, he advised not to remove the coating as the bolt would rust.

Did they coat the bolt with anything, or leave it naked?

Hi Elwood,

The coating is Armalloy or NP3 and can only be removed chemically or mechanically.

I left the coating intact on my Predator but polished it off on the bolt handle, it comes off easy with 320grit emery cloth, i then carried on with 400, then 600 emery and 1200 paper, then a final polish with compound and a dremel.

Ian.

Archived