Camo Paint Job

nemasis243

Well guys I am thinking of having a camo paint Job done on one of my rifles , anybody outthere on the site who does this service?

I thought about Hydrographics but they want to have the rifle for just under a month, cant leave it there for that long.

Any help would be great cheers Andy :D

Try Kaliedercope (James) Jaeger sports on here he does duracoat in camo.

He did my marsh shotgun.

DSCF0347.jpg

Cheers

Dave

ps I gave you his mobile number the other day. re the RPA

Personally I'd save £200-300 by getting some Krylon spray cans. Then follow the instructions that are on SH, SC or SP. Yes it isn't as hard wearing as duracoat, but its a lot cheaper and takes seconds to touch up.

Hi Andy, the links below should give you a taster on the painting affects achievable. Think the first is the best run through of how to do it:

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthread...2903&page=1

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthread...031&fpart=1

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthread...rue#Post1032298

Plus this is where I got my Krylon from:

http://www.fire-support.co.uk/store/comers...?idCategory=224

Hope it helps.

Tiff

Personally I'd save £200-300 by getting some Krylon spray cans. Then follow the instructions that are on SH, SC or SP. Yes it isn't as hard wearing as duracoat, but its a lot cheaper and takes seconds to touch up.

Yes, but its a ball ache to have to keep touching it up... :)

I think it all depends on your rifle, I certainly wouldn't be using a coating that comes off on a 2K rifle.

If you're thinking of using Krylon then surely you may as well use the Homebase Durocoat? and it's already documented on here about how good it is or isn't.

Tiff,

PICS!

Hi BD, If you look on the links above you'll see the effects that can be created. I don't have any sprayed rifles currently (sold them to fund my latest TRG). I will do a couple in the next few weeks and will post a thread on it then. The good thing is, it's such a thin coat you can respray many times without affecting checkering etc. Most other sprays are a lot thicker and less hard wearing. Not as hard wearing as Duracoat - but neither is the cost :D

Hi BD, If you look on the links above you'll see the effects that can be created. I don't have any sprayed rifles currently (sold them to fund my latest TRG). I will do a couple in the next few weeks and will post a thread on it then. The good thing is, it's such a thin coat you can respray many times without affecting checkering etc. Most other sprays are a lot thicker and less hard wearing. Not as hard wearing as Duracoat - but neither is the cost :D

So if you pay a few grand for the rifle of your dreams is a couple of £100 not worth the extra professional paint job?

I think its false economy myself...

Duracoat goes on between 1 and 3 thou depending on how good you are with the product...I have seen some abortions to date and im surprised people pay good money for it.

So if you pay a few grand for the rifle of your dreams is a couple of £100 not worth the extra professional paint job?

I think its false economy myself...

Ah but you forget, I'm a tight student :D I like to change the look of my rifles as the seasons change. If I did that with duracoat, my student loan would quickly diminish....People that like to show off there guns etc. or use them on operations, like/need to have a good quality hard wearing product like you supply. But for me a rifle is simply a tool that gets a job done. I'd rather spend a couple of hundred on better glass or ammunition for practice, than a 'posh' finish :P . Plus having a girlfriend who's an art student does help with the stenciling :D . I'm sure when I'm on £30,000 a year, I will send many rifles to you for work. But for now if it means spending 5 minutes ever other month touching it up, I can live with that :lol:

Ah but you forget, I'm a tight student :D I like to change the look of my rifles as the seasons change. If I did that with duracoat, my student loan would quickly diminish....People that like to show off there guns etc. or use them on operations, like/need to have a good quality hard wearing product like you supply. But for me a rifle is simply a tool that gets a job done. I'd rather spend a couple of hundred on better glass or ammunition for practice, than a 'posh' finish :P . Plus having a girlfriend who's an art student does help with the stenciling :D . I'm sure when I'm on £30,000 a year, I will send many rifles to you for work. But for now if it means spending 5 minutes ever other month touching it up, I can live with that :lol:

Fair point...wouldnt want you not have your snakebite every night! :D

Kal,

I swear you put that up just to make me drool and mess myself. :P

Whens your next visit to the Chipp Falls area ?

308Panther

Now would I...? :D

I am meant to be coming over its just I dont know when...!

Ive just moved the business into new premisses so need to get my booty into gear! :lol:

Archived