Bullet moulds for sale

I've got some bullet casting bits to get rid of.  I inherited them but I've never developed an interest in casting. They look ok just a bit of surface corrosion.

They look serviceable but I know nothing further about them I'm afraid:

Lee single chamber 90369 with handles - £13 inc postage

"LEM Moulds England"  MH465 Martini Henry 577-450 - I've no idea what it is exactly but it's a two part mould so possible some sort of hollow base? - £40 inc postage

IMG_2923.jpeg

IMG_2925.jpeg

IMG_2926.jpeg

Hi Pops

The Lee mould is for a 180gn bullet for 308 (bullet dia 309) and is still in production - the handles cost as much as the mould

The Lyman mould is probably quite old, I think over 50 years, and is for a 0.28 calibre rifle. In the days when these moulds were sold, you specified the weight of bullet you wanted, and so this mould could be anything upto 179gn from 100gn. From the number of grooves/lands yours is probably mid way

They sell very well in the states -  I have seen auction figures in the three digit dollars (for just the mould)

Might be worth hanging on to that one??

M

32 minutes ago, Miseryguts said:

Hi Pops

The Lee mould is for a 180gn bullet for 308 (bullet dia 309) and is still in production - the handles cost as much as the mould

The Lyman mould is probably quite old, I think over 50 years, and is for a 0.28 calibre rifle. In the days when these moulds were sold, you specified the weight of bullet you wanted, and so this mould could be anything upto 179gn from 100gn. From the number of grooves/lands yours is probably mid way

They sell very well in the states -  I have seen auction figures in the three digit dollars (for just the mould)

Might be worth hanging on to that one??

M

Right-oh  thanks for the heads-up ☺️