Recession

Alycidon

How is the current economic downturn affecting your shooting related purchasing?

How are those members that retail shooting equipment finding things business wise?, some industies and areas seem to be far harder hit than others.

Personally I buy what I need when I need it and buy in decent quantities so I dont buy every week. or even every month. I have a new rifle that has been in the pipeline for a while now due before to long so I guess I am carrying on as normal.

A

We have never been busier. The shop had its highest weekly takings in 25 years a couple of weeks ago. I barrelled four .338,s a .308, and a 6.5x47 last week, and there seems to be a big box going to the proof house every monday these days.

week before last, 12 remingtons in various states of customisation went through the door, and people seem to be buying guns like there was no tomorrow. We think folk are spending their savings, as they are worthless in the bank, and the threat of devaluation worries people.

We keep thinking the bubble will burst, but it hasn,t yet, touchwood. Credit crunch ? What credit crunch ?

having a pretty safe job with decent pay, I have to consider myself one of the lucky ones. I don't have a mortgage, car payment, or property (UK or US). Aside from student loans, I have minimal credit card debt that while I am paying it down it isn't hurting me too bad. So I'm not in too bad a position at the moment.

For me, the recession has given opportunity to pick up bargains from people who need money and are selling gear. Picked up a belgian SxS project gun for a great price. Once I have refinished it I'll probably find another one to do.

Thanks,

Rick

Archived