Sightron SIII Parallax

Wapinschaw

i have recently bought a well used Sightron SIII 10-50x60 that I am using principally for 25yd .22 benchrest and which I would like to be able to use out to 100yds.  The scope is, I understand, originally designed for air rifle FT shooting. It will focus very well at high magnifications down to 8m, and is excellent at 25yds where I use it at 30x.  It does not, however focus sharply above about 50yds, and then only at about 15X. In an effort to extend the usable range of the scope beyond 50yds I have tried removing and repositioning the focus knob, but this does not extend the focussing distance.  I  have the impression that there is an operating envelope of focus range that may be adjustable, as at 25 yds the side focus is nearly at it's maximum rotation. I would like to reset the parallax such that it will focus from say 20yds, allow use of of 30 - 40x at 25yds and be useable at about 30x at 100 yds. Can anyone advise me of a workshop in the UK who can reset the parallax of a scope in this way, and also repurge with nitrogen if required?  

• 3 weeks later...

Fit like min.

it looks like your S111 has had its objective reset for shorter airgun ranges. If this is the case you would have to undo the objective lens locking ring and turn the lens out or in i cant remember which to extend the focus range. my 8-32x56 S111 is out on loan but as I remember at high mag it wont paralax down to less than 50 yards at full mag.

We probably know each other I am about 15 miles fae the bloo toon in maud.

Same interests as yourself, target shooting airgun, rimfire and centrefire, stalking, foxing, rough and driven shooting, salmon and sea trout fishing, Labradors and gundog training .

Davie.