250gn 338 Lap Mag

DM308

Anyone loading for the above ?

Just tried RS70 - 87.4 to 88 grains in a standard AXMC giving speeds from 2945 to 2958 (went up in .2 grain increments) looks like it might be a good accuracy node.

Hopefully find out at next f class comp

NO pressure signs at all in my rifle and according to ballistic chart SHOULD be good to a mile - we will see!!

Quite keen to try RS80 behind the 300gn now

24 minutes ago, DM308 said:

Anyone loading for the above ?

Just tried RS70 - 87.4 to 88 grains in a standard AXMC giving speeds from 2945 to 2958 (went up in .2 grain increments) looks like it might be a good accuracy node.

Hopefully find out at next f class comp

NO pressure signs at all in my rifle and according to ballistic chart SHOULD be good to a mile - we will see!!

Quite keen to try RS80 behind the 300gn now

If using Lapua Scenar you will be lucky to get a stable bullet at 1mile.  I have a 1:9.5 32" barrel and found 250gr go AWOL at about 1500. My MV was around 3100 fps.   Accuracy was pants with many "no shot seen" misses.

The 300gr Scenar and 285 ELD-M  are good though.  Better BC

Just a comment:  0.2gr increments at loads of ~88gr ?  I'm impressed you can see any meaningful variation at that fine an increment

I was looking for a consistent velocity over a few loads - find .2 of a grain gives good results - i have heard a few people now mention the heavier bullets being better at distance 

I haven't found that with 308 the 155's giving me much better consistency than 175's (certainly to 1000yds anyway) so was using it as a starting point with the 338.

i do have some 300s so looking forward to experimenting.