2 x 3 legged foxes from last year

Guest magwa1962

Hi Jimmy

Great pictures

Sounds like you have the fox friendly society releasing on your area. We have had similar findings on our area, castrated foxes, scarring showing stitch marks and even one with a collar on.

They always appeared in the same area, about 400 yards from one of the release pens, but fortunately this hasn't happened for just over three years now. We were even out one night when we believe they pulled up to release, but unfortunatly we couldn't negotiate the barb wire fence before they spotted us and made off ;):mad:

Cheers Steve

Guest magwa1962
Hi Jimmy

Great pictures

Sounds like you have the fox friendly society releasing on your area. We have had similar findings on our area, castrated foxes, scarring showing stitch marks and even one with a collar on.

They always appeared in the same area, about 400 yards from one of the release pens, but fortunately this hasn't happened for just over three years now. We were even out one night when we believe they pulled up to release, but unfortunatly we couldn't negotiate the barb wire fence before they spotted us and made off ;):mad:

Cheers Steve

Hi Steve,

Have the same problem in another area i shoot, same story live trapping foxes in Edinburgh City Centre and moving them 10 miles to release them,and this is Edinburgh Council that is doing this, but i cant prove it, the head of the pest control departement bought a gun from me and told me this was going on "ITS ILLEGAL TO REMOVE A FOX FROM ITS HOME TURF AND RELEASE IT ELSEWHERE".

The fox pictured 21/4/08 was on high moorland far away from any public roads so i assume it gas been caught in a snare and chewed its own leg off,it didnt seem to disable it in anyway as i shot it after it had run like a greyhound for about 150 yds and stopped, i had no idea it had three legs until i went to pick it up, the other one may have been released, but same thing didnt know as i shot it when it squated for a you know what.

Regards jimmy

I have shot a couple in the past Jimmy and they have all been in tip top condition ,

We had a spate of released foxes down here a few years ago and by god we had some shooting from that ;):mad:

Guest magwa1962
I have shot a couple in the past Jimmy and they have all been in tip top condition ,

We had a spate of released foxes down here a few years ago and by god we had some shooting from that ;):mad:

same for me last year 9 foxes shot in one field within an hour, next night another 7 in the same field, i now know how Pat Carey aka "The Warrener" looks good on his dvds, i have every one he has ever made.

Regards Jimmy

I haven't had any that I would say had been amputated,but,have had a couple in the past that had been snapped off with some bone still showing,although healed.

By the way Magwa...............'The handsome one'.....you are going to have to give us a better clue than that mate............. :blink: ..........lol

martin.

Once hunted a 3 legged fox for 9 miles across the north yorkshire moors, with 70 fell hounds. that bugger ran faster than any fox i,ve ever seen [and thats a few] One old warrior called "Vermin" pulled him down, under a wall, just as he was about to drop into a village.

Several pick-ups followed the pack across the moor, and the funniest part of it...was Davina mcCall,s face, as we shot past, with 70 hounds in full cry. {she was there filming something}

3 legged foxes can go like buggery.

Foxes are officially classified as vermin by defra, thats why its illegal to release them, after injury/surgery /capture...doesn,t seem to bother the ARSEpca , though. They are ABOVE the law though aren,t they.

Guest magwa1962
I haven't had any that I would say had been amputated,but,have had a couple in the past that had been snapped off with some bone still showing,although healed.

By the way Magwa...............'The handsome one'.....you are going to have to give us a better clue than that mate............. :blink: ..........lol

martin.

I am not wearing a hat but as you will see from the picture ,i must have grown as the top of my head is coming through my hair.....LOL

Archived