NEW TOY

here's a few pics of my new rifle (40th birthday present to myself)

she was put together for me by Dave (baldie) up at south Yorkshire shooting supplies009.jpg

014.jpg

011.jpg

002.jpg

spec's are

cal. 22-250AI

action. surgeon short repeater

barrel. archer fluted (twist 1-14)

stock. Mcmillan A5 adjustable

mod. A-tec

trigger. Jewell

bottom metal. syss own

scope. nightforce nxs 5.5 x 22 x 56 dd ret

rings. badger (lapped by baldie)

not forgetting little bit of dura love by James (kaleiderscope)

not got started with any reloading yet still fireforming factory loads (sako 55gn) she's grouping them at 3/4 inch 100 yds so don't see the point of wasting them might as well use em properly, when reloading starts iv'e got some 52gn bergers also got some 40gn nosler ct's to try will put pics up later of load tests.

would like to take this opportunity to thank roger at syss from ordering my new rifle at the back end of last year to picking it up last week the whole experiance of bying my first custom rifle has been a pleasant one iv'e been kept informed at every stage of the ordering and building process first rate service :D also a big thank's to DAVE (BALDIE) for putting her togeather for me cheers mate. :)

right enough waffle by me I'm of to shoot her now :P

Super looking rifle and a cracking caliber.

I use a .22-250AI for my foxing with 52 Bergers and Vit N550 its a flier at over 4000fps, the trajectory is as flat as a lazer beam out to 300 yards.

Good luck and have fun.

Dave

Hi Mate ,

NICE , I can say that the Surgeon action , McMillan stock , and A-Tec suppressor are some Top of the line gear , as I have used all 3 .

You have made some good choices on gear to bulid this rifle , I wish more people would do the same , instead most pinch pennys and never really like the end result , even thou they had Total control of specing out the rifle build .

Enjoy it .

Later Chris

Archived