Charging Buffalo and Hippos.

Guest 308Panther

Holy that which promotes growth and vigour!!!

After watchin the whole thing not only can I walk on the walls,my sphincter is so tight you could slice off a washer....

308Panther

OMG

B):P:o

I wasn't thinking of getting that close B)

Amazing footage, bet he has a bottomless wallet ;)

Guest Smeagle

These guys are pretty serious, you can hunt a Rhino in some places, but they are captive and bred for it, the RSA has banned the practice.

You may also find that it maybe "green" hunting, they dart it. run up get loads to pictures standing next to it and then get out of there before it wakes up. But it doesnt look like it to be honest they don't normally drop like that they stagger about for a bit.

But that is big money, huge. A Rhino will set you back 50,000 USD. Cape Buff 5,000 USD, Hippo 3,000 USD a Leopard 6,000 USD, Elephant 16,000 USD at least, male Lion 12,000 USD. There would be well over a hundred grands worth of stuff on the deck there. That's a lot of money to the local economy.

Guest 308Panther

The owner of the farm I goose hunt on and do most of my critter control on has a brother that has been to Africa 5 times....I am not sure what part of Africa...But he does have an Elephant and Cape along with several other animals....I spoke with the brother after his last trip...He says its a real rush hunting cats over there....His guide allowed him to stalk a lion to within 20 yrds....but... and this is where it gets kinda confusing because this was a few years ago...He wasnt going after lion(I dont remember all of the why's)and one of the reasons is most of the full maned lions or as he called it MGM maned where and have been hunted out.At least in the region he was in....And unless your going after an MGM there wasnt a point to lion hunting.

One of the things that isnt mentioned much about lion hunting is they run in groups..usually family....Prides,I believe they are called...and as you stalk them the sub ordinates will cower away and run...once this is done and you are close enough then you can take your shot...and as he put it..."You cant show any fear as you walk in."

Another guy was kinda listening in and asked how much to go to Africa and hunt and threw out a number of $20 grand...the brother looked over at him and calmly said..."You have a limited imagination." and then turned his back to the guy.

Since in a round about way I am considered a freind of the family....I was engaged to the neice of the farm owner for six and half years before we went our seperate ways....I still on occasion drop off some venison for the farm owner's sister...My ex's mother...So I do occaisonally hear how the other brother has been doin on his hunting trips abroad....I have yet to see it but hear his game room is nothing short of spectacular....I do plan on seeing the hunter sometime soon.I have some questions about bear I would like to ask him....I would like to take mine with either a pistol or bow.....Should be interesting.

308Panther

Archived