Tube gun

Many years ago, i badly wanted one of Gary Elisio's tube gun stocks, because he specifically did one for a 6mmBr conversion, with its own dedicated mags. I ordered one, and then it couldn't be shipped.

I've since sorted 6mmBr feed issues a long while back, and built other guns in it.

A pal happened to advertise this stock a good while ago, and I pounced on it, in a moment of "want"😂

It sat in a corner, and I kept looking at it, wondering what the hell to do with it.

Having sold my last 6XC to a pal, I thought it a shame, I had brass and dies just sat there.

I'm a bugger for building guns, load developing them, and then , they become safe queens.

Anyway, I had a Stiller Predator lying around, which happened to fit into this stock, with a couple of modifications.

gJGuwX8.jpg

Onto it went a pacnor 1-7" 6mm blank, and chambered in 6xc. 24" long, threaded 5/8" x 24 UNEF, and a gamma self timing brake fitted.

3PnbtBJ.jpg

Trigger is an STL german unit. Beautiful trigger, and makes a jewel look sick. Not a big seller, because it has no safety catch. This stock won't work with a top safety, so in it went.

ZBubKF0.jpg

I made up a bolt knob in the shape the elision stock is meant to work with. If you look on the side of the stock, it has a protrusion. You lever the bolt with your finger, whilst pressing your thumb onto this stud. It makes for a one fingered manipulation of the bolt, and very fast with practise.

Paint.

Cerakote stainless base, with a flash of Copper suede in the pattern. Barrel in copper.

The black is Graphite black.

Stock is a magpul UBR and MOE grip.

A true tube gun, as the bolt slides into the stock. This gives a very low bore/cheek line, much like an AR15.

Took several years to get there !

UMwI73U.jpg

Nice - having the big brother (RTM upper with both RTM and RTS lowers) I can attest to the quality of Gary’s tube gun chassis. Extremely well made and solid!

Interesting choice of stock. Does the cheek rise on it? Must confess the original stock is great for its adjustability, even if it looks a little scaffold tube-esque 😂

No, the cheek is fixed. Its my favourite AR stock, and the Elisio didn't come with one. I had thought about making one up, but time is always a factor here.