NRA have banned Non-lead core bullets.

Guest 308Panther

I know its all about safety....But I think you can change the meaning of NRA

From National Rifle Assoc to.....

Narcissistic Rednecked As+holes

308Panther

Guest 308Panther

I cant say I have heard of them passing thru a backstop or berm....But I have heard of them goin in a couple of inches and skipping....Nothing a few more loads of sand and some large culvert shrouds cant fix....

Thats what was done to fix the 500 yrd range up by my sisters place...

Having the NRA ban ammo is the next closest step to a weapons caliber restriction or caliber ban,and or gun ban....if thats the case...Whose side is the NRA on??

Are they (NRA) doing more than just collecting money??

308Panther

Hi Panther

Our National Rifle Association is not quite like the one you know, they represent target shooters only and is only a small organization compared to some of the other shooting/field sport organizations we have although, these are dwarfed by your own NRA.

B-b

I,d take the american NRA any day of the week, despite their warts, n , all. If the UK had, had an organisation as powerful, representing us, we wouldn,t have lost semi auto,s and pistols, be grateful for what you have fella,s .

just to expand on what baldie said, The NRA destroyed one of its most popular disciplines, Service Rifle, by banning the use of semi-auto rifles by civilians on its ranges, several years before the government banned outright ownership of these rifles.

As for Pistols the NRA offered the following acvice "dont cause an upset" and thats all, no fight, no support, nothing at all.

Pistols were confiscated under the threat of criminlisation without so much as a murmour from the NRA.

The worst back-stabbing of all is the NRA's willingness to discuss controls on all aspects of shooting with the very people who legislate against it!!!! ;);)

The shooters of this country would sleep sounder in their beds if the NRA faded away overnight, having piece of mind that this hindering organisation could no longer put up any barriers against shooting.

Ian.

Guest 308Panther

Please forgive me if I sounded a bit irratated....

I cant believe how segrageted your version of an NRA is....

What a bunch of self rightous,egotistical,traiterous jerkoffs...

How can they support one dicipline and turn their back on the other?

Guns are guns are guns...

It shouldnt matter if its a shotgun,rifle or pistol...It is still a FIREARM.

Dont they realize and understand that such a narrow minded outlook and lack of

representation limits the horizon?By this I mean new members,fresh money and a general lack of growth and interest.....

How would you stimulate interest with out encouragement?Support or exposure...

How does a group grow with the attitude its ok for us...but not for you.

I cant believe anyone would want to be affiliated with this type of mentality or even want to contribute monetarily...

I know I wouldnt.

308Panther

You took the words right out of my mouth mate, just thought i would give you a bit of background.

Anyone else reading this that is better informed then me, please feel free to put me right.

Unless like my self you are a member of a privately owned range complex, you dont really have much choice but to comply with the following.

Our NRA have a sort of captive membership, the law here states that if you dont have land to shoot over you must be a member of a Rifle Club to own and use firearms.

In order for a club to operate and encourage new membership it must have government home office approval.

To get this approval, club affilation to a governing body is desirable (although not law, if you dont have it you dont get approval), in this case the NRA or for small-bore the NSRA.

A new member of the club must then pay an affilation fee to the NRA.

Non members are not allowed to use the NRA fascilities and ranges, club members can only use these fascilities when they are affiliated and only as a part of a club range party.

If the club member wants to use the fascilities on his own he has to become a member of the HRA as well as being a member of a rifle club.

When most ranges are effeftively under military and hence NRA control ( i do believe that the military wants shooters to be at least affiliated to the NRA to use its ranges) you are basically stuffed if you want to shoot.

Most formal target rifle shooters ( i think you call it Palma) choose to become individual members in order to get this extra benefit.

As you can see there is not much incentive for the NRA to do anything other then to look after itself which is basically what it does.

Although i would dearly like to use their 1000 and 1200yd bench fascilities i will never put money into the coffers of an organisition which holds such a monopoly.

Ian.

Ian.

Pardon my language, but,

F'n NRA...Must stand for No Rifles, Assholes..What a bunch of plonkers..WTF does the NRA in this country support anyway? Seems like they do a hell of a lot more banning than promotion of the shooting sports..Someone needs to kick the NRA right in the goolies, that is if they have a set. For us to hear about this after the last F class shoot in Bisley, and not before hand, really makes me wonder how much research these bozos do before making decisions that will effect the shooters they say they support.

So..these solid bullets are DANGEROUS, due to the fact they are not lead cored, which must make them more apt to ricochet than say a musket ball. As are the expanding bullets DANGEROUS because they are known to fragment. Shotgun ranges are dangerous due to lead exposure. Where does it end..

JR

Guest 308Panther

Just out of curiosity.....

Any body shoot any of the newer in-line black powder rigs....Such as Knights,T/C Omega,Rem Genesis???

Or Rifled Barreled Shotguns???

Reason I ask is....Many of the sabots are copper core...

Or dont they hold comps in these??

308Panther

Waaaaaay in front of us there buddy, were still stuffing 45/70.s with black powder, and we cant hunt deer with old fashioned rifle and pistol calibre,s like you fellas can.

Archived