A question of scale?

Hullo.

I was perusing some old load data and targets this evening over a delicious Malt, when I came across this particular half inch grid target (nothing spectacular) which made me pause and lead me to ask this (I hope not embarrassing) question; As all the rounds are roughly in the bottom right quadrant making it pretty much a half a minute group: Does this mean that a half minute group is four times better than a 1 minute group, or do we have to start getting Pi involved and diluting things further?  You can tell I'm bored!

IMG_E2664.jpg

• 1 month later...

Since the measurement of a group size is in a straight line between the centers of furthest bullet holes, the "half inch" group is "twice as good". If you want to reinvent the process and measure area, then yes: 4 X as good.~Andrew

On 5/23/2020 at 2:43 PM, RobertH said:

Hullo.

I was perusing some old load data and targets this evening over a delicious Malt, when I came across this particular half inch grid target (nothing spectacular) which made me pause and lead me to ask this (I hope not embarrassing) question; As all the rounds are roughly in the bottom right quadrant making it pretty much a half a minute group: Does this mean that a half minute group is four times better than a 1 minute group, or do we have to start getting Pi involved and diluting things further?  You can tell I'm bored!

IMG_E2664.jpg

Good shooting with by any measure ,my self  I prefer Irish or Bourbon