Remington X-Mark Pro trigger

Hi,

I have a Remington Model Seven CDL with a X-Mark Pro trigger that, even with the triger weight screw backed all the way out, will not come down to less than 3 lb.

Is there anything else I can do to get the pull weight down to about 1.5 lb -preferably without resorting to a gunsmith as we have none local - ?

l've not experience of that unit, but have pulled a few remmy's down a bit....have you followed instructions such as this http://www.quarterbore.com/library/article...700trigger.html or just tried to pull the trigger weight down by it's self??

lf you've done the lot and still no joy there's only washing the unit out with solvent to see if it's stuck up in any way... And if that fails..... it's a lonely right to the gunsmith, or a new unit.

This trigger is the biggest pile of crap ever to come out from remington. Its designed to be weight adjustable only....the other two are glued shut. i,ve stripped them out with a butane torch, and they will not adjust safely. The variation from trigger to trigger, is quite staggering. I,ve had some that wont safely go below five pounds, and some have gone as low as 2 lbs safely. if you aren,t happy with it, dont risk an Nd, just replace it with a decent one.

Pretty much what Dave has said, replace it with a regulated "old" unit, or with an aftermarket trigger.

Takes about two minutes to replace.

Archived