Lee press / Redding die

Furyan

6 hours ago, Furyan said:

Kaboom I am careful with powder , just spill a bit on the floor the wife's hover didn't like it.

After the second time I tried filling the charge master with the drain plug still open 😳, I always make it a point to spread a clean, lint free, white cloth out before working with powders.

Even if I don't want to reuse the powder it collects, it saves it getting sucked into the vacume cleaner.

On 5/2/2020 at 6:12 PM, Furyan said:

Thanks Ronin

Kaboom I am careful with powder , just spill a bit on the floor the wife's hover didn't like it.

Electric motors and powder cant be good. What I did was place two containers identical in all respects other than front label near my partly full dispenser. Grabbed exactly the wrong one and poured only after seeing two very different granule sizes did I know I screwed up. I never did check the lable that day and relied on memory. My procedure now is only have the powder in use near the dispenser lable to the front at all times. All other powders in storage not to be touched until the stuff in use is put away and dispenser cleaned out.You cant be too careful with powder . I am quite sure good sir your very careful with powder.

On 5/3/2020 at 1:53 AM, Triffid said:

If you do run out of adjustment length for your die/press setup, the easy fix is to mount the lock ring on the underside of the press, instead of on top. 

I've had this problem using Lee dies in a Dillon 550 press.

Triffid

Thank you I just learned something!