Dorset Rifleman F-class Bisley

Just a thanks to Neil aka Dasherman and the lads of the Dorset Rifleman for making me so welcome.

I had popped up to collect a rifle from Neil and he said there was a shot on Sunday so it would be rude not to go.

It was one of their F class league competitions held at Bisley to be shot over 300, 500 and 600 yards, with 2 sighters and ten to count.

I hadn't shot at Bisley since university so it was a treat and a good excuse to test the Kelbly out.

The weather was lousy with heavy rain, although we did manage a few dry moments.The wind was not to bad 8-9 mph coming from 7 o'clock, so didn't have a huge effect.

I really enjoyed it, especially when my first shot at 600 yards went right in the center of the V bull. I was pleased to finish on 150 with 23V.

A great day and I'll definetly go back especially when they shoot at 1000 yards.

005.jpg

008.jpg

Thanks guys for a great day, I think I've finally dried out.

Cheers

Dave

Nice bit of shooting Dave!!!!! :o :o

All that shooting of long range varmints has paid off!!!! :P

Nice to see the Kelby shooting well too!!!! :D :D

All the best......................

RAY..................................... :D;)

Good luck getting invited back if you're going to shoot like that again! :o

;)

What's the rifle?

Cheers, I was well pleased with the result.

The rifle was built by Kelbly and is based on a Stolle F class action with a 30" Krieger barrel in 6.5-284 it is bedded in a Mc Millan McHale stock.

It was its first trip out and hasn't got a hundred rounds under its belt yet so I was chuffed how well it performed.

Cheers

Dave

You look like an American Navy Seal in all that Gortex DAVE ;)

When I saw that gun for the first time and watched it throw Charlies about I knew it was a tool :lol: ,

great shooting mate :lol: , shame Niel wouldnt take his musket out because it was raining :o:lol:

• 2 years later...

Do you still have the rifle Dave?

Yes I do

Kelbly6mmHot005.jpg

Just wears a proper stock I've kept the Mchale for varminting.

It is also my switch barrel and I have .284 Shehane and 6x47 Lapua barrels for it.

Cheers

Dave

I have had the bench for years now and it was an excellent investment.

I use it regularily for varminting an much better than lying in the muck zeroing rifles on the farm.

Also great for a bit of mobile varminting

004-5.jpg

Cheers

Dave

Archived