Lovex SO70 change of powder colour

Catch-22

I’ve used SO70 before and the kernels had a light-ish green tinge.

Just received a few new Kg’s of SO70 and it appears the colour has changed a bit. Half the kernels were the same light-ish tinge of green, the other half being much darker in colour.

Could this be the new additives used to make it REACH compliant?

Regardless, does anyone know if it affects the burn rate/energy at all? Will it change existing load data? 

Technically, you should reduce loads whenever you pop into a new LOT of powder but that said, I just looked at a relatively recent 8 pounder of S070 (last 6 months) and it also has some greenish the rest grey/black. I have been using Shooter's World Data.~Andrew

8 hours ago, Andrew said:

Technically, you should reduce loads whenever you pop into a new LOT of powder but that said, I just looked at a relatively recent 8 pounder of S070 (last 6 months) and it also has some greenish the rest grey/black. I have been using Shooter's World Data.~Andrew

Thanks Andrew. You’re right, I should (and do) reduce loads a smidge with new lots. I just wasn’t sure how different the new lot will be compared to the old.

I think SO70 is an excellent powder in my 30-06 with 180gn D46 and 190gn SMK.

I too use the SW data and I’ve found it to be very helpful. I’ve yet to chrono my chosen OCW load but it’s likely to be around 2850fps out of my 30” barrel. Very accurate!

Thanks again!