Sennybridge "F" range.

Im hoping to get down to sennybridge sometime soon, I wont be able to make it down on the 31st due to work, but i am hopefully going to pick an nice day to go down in the not to distant future, Its a bloody long treck for me( 6hours or so) so im gonna make sure i go on a nice sunny day haha,

I will let you know when im thinkin of goin down if you want a lift somtime

Shrek

Hi Sean, unfortunately I'm snowed under with exams at the moment so won't make Sennybridge this time. It would be good to finally meet at some point......are you getting/have got a .338 Sako yet then?

shrek if you want to stop half way down at my house and then I'll take you the rest of the way your welcome too,it makes the journey down a bit less tiring.

Tiff it's a bit off both I'm afraid my FAC as come back all sorted and the rifle is still in storage at the shop I've just got to save up more I'm hoping to get it around easter. Its not helping the saving part of things by the price of the scope i want going up £200+ in 1 month.

Can you recommend a decent set of dies for a reasonable price for the .338LM.

Hi Sean, SmartReloader often have Redding dies in at a good price. It depends on what you have to play with really. Sporting Services can do a good 'cheap' RCBS set that will get you by for around £40 upto custom CH4D ones at around £200+ that are excellent. I've got a set of RCBS (that I started with) and now Hornady Custom dies with match seater etc. To be honest I notice no difference in accuracy when loaded with each set - only the rounds have no runout with the Hornady set. So what spec rifle and scope are you going for?

Cheers Tiff, Im going for the green stock+phosphate barrel TRG with the usual bits (bipod+scope mount and muzzel brake) and im going for a nightforce NXS 5.5-22x50 with the NP-R1 retical.

I just want to get it and get shooting with it now.

Sean

you may want to take a look at the Forster Ultra Set of dies, as good as Redding, but half the price - Hannams stock them in the UK.

They work very well in my own 338 :o

I was thinking about those dies,thanks ronin thats made up my mind for me i will get a set ordered. Is that the set with a micrometer seating die and full length sizing die?

Yes it is mate

just one thing to bear in mind with Forster dies is the decapper is very thin, be careful when you set it up.

Just have it so the primers "just" pop out.

If you do break one a 1mm allen key can be "adapted" to work very well as a replacement part :o

Yes i went it was a good day out, it was windy but it was a constant predictable wind.

I had a lot of fun plinking away at the 1K target with the tracers but they definitely need to be batched as their were a few shots that were way off( could have been my shooting though).

If they do put ETR out to 1500m and 1 mile and allow the .50 and .338's freedom of the trenches it should make it a excellent facility.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived